Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H22 skipping and jumping violently HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 skipping and jumping violently HELP!!!

Alright guys heres the deal, last night i took my h22 to go get tuned everything was fine and dandy on the dyno and the tuning went fine. well when i left the shop i drove a little ways and decided to feel the power i had just made well that didnt happen. Whenever i give the motor full throttle it skipps and jumps very violently and is very irratic. It drive perfectly normal if its is being daily driven but if you give it any gas it goes crazy. Every time it acts weird i turn the car off and then back on again and the problem is fixed untill i try to floor it again. Any ideas as to what it might be. the chipped ecu doesnt read EGR either if that helps

Anybody????!!!!????!!!! i need to fix this problem ASAP its making me think its some sort of sensor because it only does this problem AFTER i floor it and it stays untill i restart the car then drive fine after the restart.....making me think it is some sort of sensor that is being reset untill i floor it again.

Comment

check the EGR make ur self a block of plate,

since the computer is not reading it, it might be open

cuz a low rpms the EGR doenst have that much effect at low rpms

but if the engine recieves exhaust gasses at high rpms/full throttle

it throws it back to the engine
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

did he mess with your timing at all? i'd say thats the culprit. if you didn't have a problem with the EGR before tuning, i'd rule that out.

Comment

Maybe he got it too lean up top?

I'd say take it back and tell him fix it or buy me a new motor, cause I'm sure it can't get good for it.
          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Sounds like you have the same problem that fatboy1185 has on his car. It still does it, but his tps is off.

Check your tps and make sure its within .45v closed, 4.5v open.

The EGR is not read by any p06/p28's, so rule that out.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i run into that problem before on a ford probe. ran fine at idle and up to around 2700 rpm then started to spit and cough. turned out to be the fuel pump. wasn't dead but was very weak.

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

i changed the 02 sensor nothing changed, and the TPS seems fine, all sensors look to be fine as well. Im just gonna have to take it back to the shop that did the tuning. The tuner did mess with the timing and stuff that might be the problem.

Comment

Tell your tuner to rebuild the map. I did some research on pgmfi and this isn't anything new.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

im taking it up there this sunday so they can fix it and hopefully this problem will be fixed. its very odd but i'll get some updates sunday

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
                      im taking it up there this sunday so they can fix it and hopefully this problem will be fixed. its very odd but i'll get some updates sunday
                      any updates? its sunday.

Comment

yep ended up being a fried ecu so i had to shell out $180 for another chipped one but now it runs like a dream

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
                          yep ended up being a fried ecu so i had to shell out $180 for another chipped one but now it runs like a dream
                          Damn... that is crazy.... Go to know that ur back online now....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

If it was working ok when you went in to the shop the first time, but wasn't when you left, sounds like shop screwed it up?

I don't know, I think I'd ask them for some of that money back, cause if they burned the first ECU, and then charged you for another one, that's messed up.
                            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Working...
                            X