• Show
Clear All

f22b swap - what oil filter?

question to all f22b owners......
    what oil filter can i use?
    3593a does not fit.
    i'm using the one that came with the engine.....urgh
    what spark plugs should i use?
    i swapped over my brand new ngk's from the f22a4. am i losing power with these plugs? one of the numbers i have was a "5" and on the jdm f22b plugs there was a "6" i was told this is a temperature rating and doesn't matter.
    what gap should the plugs be at?

also-phatdonut if you read this post, i would like to see pics of your head and how you added the knock sensor.
    Last edited by iamanonymous; 08-24-2004, 03:06 PM.
    I hate thieves!

Re: f22b swap-maintenance-oil filter, spark plugs, etc

I believe you use the same filter/spark plugs that you would use on the H23. or a 92-96 prelude Si non-VTEC.

Edit:
    here's the spark plug gap for the H23:
    .039 - .043 or (1 - 1.1mm) I believe the plugs you have in there now will be ok untill you get some new plugs that match the heatrange needed.
    Last edited by pwrusr; 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM.
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

All Honda engines except the S2K, Passport, and Big Body Acura (Isuzu Tropper) use the same filter.

Just buy part number 15400-PLM-A02.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I always use the stock accord filter....

also, you will see the knock sensor, toward the last primary obove the header...

H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
          All Honda engines except the S2K, Passport, and Big Body Acura (Isuzu Tropper) use the same filter.

Just buy part number 15400-PLM-A02.
          Unless you like running S2k filters

Comment

for some reason the "normal" honda oil filter is too small on the threads. is the difference between the heat ratings 5 and 6 gonna hurt performance (spark plugs)?

---->phatdonut or primo which oil filter do you use? (part number ex: mobil 1 3593a)
            I hate thieves!

Comment

use the NGK ZFR6F-11 plugs... they will be pregapped...

They are one heat range colder and it does make a difference...

I would not use the zfr5f-11 accord plugs...even with timing severely retarded and 91 octane...why take a chance...

You should be able to use any honda oil filter... they are all pretty standard sizewise...If that doesn't work take the old filter to the auto parts place and compare...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
                for some reason the "normal" honda oil filter is too small on the threads. is the difference between the heat ratings 5 and 6 gonna hurt performance (spark plugs)?

---->phatdonut or primo which oil filter do you use? (part number ex: mobil 1 3593a)
                figure what car is it from...and then go to the store and ask for cross reference...

check the threads on the block to see if they arent damaged.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yeah dog, i just use the stock f22a1 filter.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

that's weird because when i put the two filters side by side the f22b's looks totally different. the threaded part is much wider the filter is wider and shorter. weird. oh well i guess i'll have to buy the ones from pennzoil if they'll sell em to me.
                    I hate thieves!

Comment

That sounds alot like the S2K filter. well not exactly like it... The threaded hole is the same size as the standard honda filter. but the filter itself is fatter and shorter.
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

i dunno. i tried many times to get it on with no luck.
                        I hate thieves!

Comment

I donno man, I thought pretty much all hondas use the same filter. you might want to goto the local pep boys with the old filter in hand (it will probably be a good idea to have the old filter in a clear plastic bag). compare the old filter to the new ones. Purolator makes some really nice filters. The "Pure One" is their best
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

s2000 oil filter.i use that one,larger diamiter filter more filter media.
                            new napa gold 1334. new style black filter.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9h23
                              s2000 oil filter.i use that one,larger diamiter filter more filter media.
                              new napa gold 1334. new style black filter.
                              Yup..
                              S2K filter: PN: 15400-PLC-004

1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                              2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                              3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                              4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                              5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                              X