No brake lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brake lights!

Earlier today the door open indicator light on my dash lit up while I was driving. All 4 doors showed open and the brake indicator under was also lit.
    Now I don't have any brake lights. Tried to check fuses under hood, and at drivers kick panel, but no brake light fuse. Has anyone had this problem? Could it be the brake light switch on the pedal? Help please

it could the civic hatch i bought off my girlfriend had the same problem but never lost brakelights all together, make sure no wires by your lights have become exposed

Comment

...gotta be some sort body computer issue. Course the rear tail lights have a relay type sensor that lights that switch up...can't find a good wiring
      diagram...find one...look for what connects all those circuits

*edited*
      my bad...I said resistor type sensor...it's relay type sensor
      Last edited by bcjammerx; 03-31-2008, 08:13 PM.
      ____

Comment

the brake light fuse is the same as the horn....it's like 25 or something in the box under the hood....have you checked the resistors in the tail lights? little plastic box that all the wires go through....sometimes they get corroded and you don't get connection...that just happened to me and I lost right side and back window brake lights

Comment

I got it fixed sunday, it was the brake light switch located on the brake pedal.
          It was a pain to get out but the problem is fixed.

Comment

nice...don't forget to put this in the common symptom and fix post...could help some folks...I wouldn't have guessed that considering it made all the door ajar lights come on too...cool
            ____

Comment

Ok this is getting weird. Thought I had the problem fixed. The door ajar and brake lamp light came back on. I did use my horn right before I noticed that the light came on. Got home & checked all the lights, no fuse out, everything still works. Started the car and no dash light. Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Comment

get a wiring diagram...find what all those circuits have in common. I can't find one here on the site but I didn't look long. Not sure where my haynes manual is either.

If it were just your tail light indicator I'd say that relay style sensor in the back...but you've got more then that.
                ____

Comment

uploaded the wireing diagram...I'm freaking sleepy as ... well...me.
                  I'll look at it tomorrow see if anything grabs my attention.

not 56k friendly btw

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=101005
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                    uploaded the wireing diagram...I'm freaking sleepy as ... well...me.
                    I'll look at it tomorrow see if anything grabs my attention.

not 56k friendly btw

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=101005
                    Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X