oil pan gasket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pan gasket???

hey guys how hard is it to change an oil pan gasket?? i was getting my oil changed by aamco today and they said i should get my oil pan gasket done as well. (but they wanted 280) i was like F no. so on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is it?? thanks guys.

Originally posted by crazymike
    hey guys how hard is it to change an oil pan gasket?? i was getting my oil changed by aamco today and they said i should get my oil pan gasket done as well. (but they wanted 280) i was like F no. so on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard is it?? thanks guys.
    I don't know what the procedure is for CB7s, because I never placed mine when I had it. I recently changed my oil pan on my DB8 however. I had to remove my header. It wasn't that hard at all. Pretty straight forward. Remember to let your CB7 cool down for about 30 minutes.
    Raceline USA

Comment

well, it depends on your mechanical skill level?
      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

its a one on the scale. shouldnt take more than twenty minutes

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I just did mine a week ago. You'll have to remove the downpipe, crossbar (the bar that crosses the subframe), the tranny plate, and then you can loosen the nuts and bolts on the pan. And of course, you'll want to drain the oil and have it drained for a while. I let my oil drain for like two and a half days. When I finished the job, the oil stayed fresh and clean...and it still is. Overall, I think I would rate the job at 1-2ish...The biggest thing is torquing the bolts and nuts...You have to be very carefully. And because you just has your oil changed, you could wait to do it on the next oil change or something. Have fun and stay safe.
          91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

i have some skills. (i just pulled my 235 straight six out of my belair and im droppin gin a ls1.)
            anyways thanks for the help guys. but would it be safe to leave it for another month?? or is it gonna mess something up???

Comment

Originally posted by crazymike
              i have some skills. (i just pulled my 235 straight six out of my belair and im droppin gin a ls1.)
              anyways thanks for the help guys. but would it be safe to leave it for another month?? or is it gonna mess something up???

if you've done something like that it's a 1. It is very easy to do. As long as you don't run out of oil your fine! it may smoke if it drips on the down pipe though

Comment

oh ok. cool. yea i'll keep checking the oil level. and the guy at aamco said it has a really small leak. he showed me where it was. it was just alittle drip line from the oil. it wasnt bad at all. thanks guys. ill get that taken care of soon.

Comment

its not that hard. it just takes a while to do

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                  X