Amsoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amsoil

I have a 5 speed, Its recently been hard to change gears, i was wondering if i could use amzoil and if it would help it rather than just the original tranny fluid?

Throw some honda MTF in there first.
    wat?

Comment

Honda MTF or Redline I hear works good. Its amsoil by the way.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

pennsoil synchomesh + Honda mtf has worked for me.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've done Redline in my civic w/f22 and honda mtf in my accord. Both trans feel the same . Just having clean new fluid in geral is a good idea. What you use isn't a big deal. Just go to the dealer and get the two quarts or w/e of mtf. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

About a month and a half ago I put non-detergent sae 30 in my 5spd. I couldn't believe how nice it shifted. Scary thing is, I had Torco mtl plus some Lucas synthetic additive ($15/bottle) in it and that stuff was maybe 3-4mos old, grinding 1-2 and 2-1 was getting me worried I needed a trans re-build. Now I know this stuff won't last long but I've got hope for the old tranny anway...think I'll try chevron delo 400 (15w40) next, I read about a guy using it in his RC45 and really liked it.

Comment

I changed to half Honda/half AMSoil MTF, though the AMSoil is a bit higher viscosity than the Royal Purple I was using before (still half Honda MTF).
              It was even better when we got the 5 degree F weather this winter versus the RP (which was still good, just needed a half mile or so before it shifted normally with the same temp).
              I'll probably leave it. It'll be good for the foreseeable life of the car.

Interested to hear how different fluids work out
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
              X