Wont grip 2nd gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont grip 2nd gear

Hey guys as i was driving home today i notice when i hit 6rpms hit 2nd gear my car didnt grip 2nd gear I have a new clucth in it has no more then 5,000 miles on it then on that it not slipping. I wonder if its the flywheel i didnt get it resurface when i did the job i cleaned the transmission out but before it grip 2nd gear all the time please help.
    H23ludeMan

I looked and there was no brake oil in the clutch master cylinder i put some in it did no different when i test drove it
    H23ludeMan

Comment

i had to do the same shit.......when i replaced my motor i changed the clutch and didnt resurface the flywheel. but my clutch pedal adjustment was all fucked up. so im not sure which it was but im fine now and i catch second HARD. not h22 hard but hard for an autozone clutch with a stock a6.neway check ur clutch pedal adjustment, u should have 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of play before u can feel any tension. make sure u have no air in ur clutch lines. and if ur clutch isnt slipping its gotta be either of those two things.and in the worse case scenario ur a bad driving and u burnt ur clutch down too much already and u cant catch second anymore. a friend of mine with a 5th gen and a new exedy clutch can get second nemore and hes had it for 3 months now.so it all depends i guess. how that helps u out.-eric
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

How far did you let the clutch fluid go down if you let it go down below where you only see the little floater pancake thingy to the sides. I say you have to bleed that shit over. Take it cleed it from the slave cylinder on the tranny and make sure you have a clear line to make sure there arent any bubbles i mean no bubbles what so ever. That should fix your problem same thing happened to me . The senerio with mine was it didnt catch and didnt wanna go into gear it shut me out.

Comment

Working...
        X