Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle.. speeds... need help adjusting??

hello,

i've noticed that at times my idle is diff, at times it is low like 400 or so, and at times 600, but nothing really in 800-1k range.

i am curious how to exactly find my idle speed, and how to adjust it.

i've tried doing a search already but only found bout 2 pages of results with limited threads pertaining specifically.

thanks..
    hahahahah

You can either adjust it using the throttle cable. By untightening and tightening the nuts where it is on the IM. Or there is also a flat head screw on the IM that you can only see when you are standing on the pass side of the car. That will adjust it also.

Comment

hm k. so how do i know or see what my true idle is?

should i reset ecu, let it run it's course till fan kicks in and then observe? and go from there?

thanks.. i think im gonna try the flat head one first.
      hahahahah

Comment

dont do the throttle cable unless ur throttle cable is loose.

do the idle screw thing on the side of the throttle body looking at the car from the passenger side.

its next to the red hose on the throttle body, it may have a plastic cap on it but its a flat screw....mess with that.

change ur idle to 800 with the engine warm then reset the ecu
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X