Coolant Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Issues

As I was driving home from work I notice a coolant smell, once I got home I noticed a few drops of coolant I checked the hoses, and I couldn't notice any leaks I checked the hose that connects to the bottom of the raidiator and nothing, at first I thought it was the water pump but also nothing, I notice it started to leak from the bottom left corner on the drivers side, a few drops could it be the raidiator itself any suggestions

it could quite possible the radiator. our aluminum radiator in our race car just popped a leak and leaked that same side.

i dont think there's any coolant lines that run the driverside front.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      it could quite possible the radiator. our aluminum radiator in our race car just popped a leak and leaked that same side.

i dont think there's any coolant lines that run the driverside front.
      yeah I kind of had a feeling it might be the radiator, is there anyway of fixing it with out buying a new or used one, since I'm kind of tight on money right now and it's my daily driver, I've seen this "stop a leak kind of stuff " at autozone will that work for the time being

Comment

i wouldn't use that stuff. it might clogged up other coolant passages also making for even more problems.

a friend's father who's a mechanic said ground black pepper will hold a leak till you get to a repair place but you have to completely flush out all the coolant and pepper afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
          i wouldn't use that stuff. it might clogged up other coolant passages also making for even more problems.

a friend's father who's a mechanic said ground black pepper will hold a leak till you get to a repair place but you have to completely flush out all the coolant and pepper afterwards.

I just did the flush and I added that stuff that I was talking about earlier, So hopefully nothing goes bad, I wont leave that stuff in there for long I was kind of afraid of adding that sealent as well, soon I will do the radiator change before anything bad happens

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714
            yeah I kind of had a feeling it might be the radiator, is there anyway of fixing it with out buying a new or used one, since I'm kind of tight on money right now and it's my daily driver, I've seen this "stop a leak kind of stuff " at autozone will that work for the time being
            you have YAH and NAH on that..

YAH..because it WILL stop leaks..

NAH..because you WILL eventually clog your thermostat ....heatercore...IACV passage..

^ even though some of those metallic shavings will stop leaks in radiators..It will mess up other things.

Id say...go to the junkyard and pick up a radiator from a car that has SIDE or REAR damage!

keep us posted!

this is what I would suggest..( I found this out on my girl's CB )

one day...there was a leak...and I couldn't find WHERE the coolant was coming from....checked the clamps..checked the hoses...check the heatercore hoses ( to and from )...check the bypass hoses...and NOTHING...so I took a CLOSER look..and there was a PINHOLE in the upper hose...so small any experienced mechanic would overlook.

so I changed her upper radiator hose ...and no more leaks....I overlooked that 3 times..before I found it ( about 45 minutes scanning over her CB )

so over look the hoses...and also..look CAREFULLY at the seams on the radiator...( crimped )...sometimes those crimps tend to leak and the seal ( foam or rubber tends to break loose )

just thought Id give you a heads up!
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by Leung

I agree with leung. My plastic OEM radiator has a horizontal hairline crack about 12 inch long! across the top back facing the engine block. we didnt notice until we hooked up a pressure tester and the green coolant started to gush out. So i went to my kitchen broke out the black pepper gave it 10 good shakes now no more leak! I cant wait to install my koyo radiator tho because this plastic has got to go! esp. in climate changes liek virginia. Cold to Hot, Hot to Cold all throughout the year.

Comment

Park your car on a BIG cardboard box, like one for a refrigerator or somethin.

Come out a couple hours after you drive, and that will help you pinpoint it.

Radiators for cb7's are so cheap though its not worth it trying to pick one out of a litter at the junkyard.

They're like 129 at the Zone, lifetime warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
                  I agree with leung. My plastic OEM radiator has a horizontal hairline crack about 12 inch long! across the top back facing the engine block. we didnt notice until we hooked up a pressure tester and the green coolant started to gush out. So i went to my kitchen broke out the black pepper gave it 10 good shakes now no more leak! I cant wait to install my koyo radiator tho because this plastic has got to go! esp. in climate changes liek virginia. Cold to Hot, Hot to Cold all throughout the year.
                  I heard you can put cigarettes in the radiator and seal it. Its not a permanent fix though, and I wouldn't want to trust any type of miracle product. They are ALL bull shit.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                    Park your car on a BIG cardboard box, like one for a refrigerator or somethin.

Come out a couple hours after you drive, and that will help you pinpoint it.

Radiators for cb7's are so cheap though its not worth it trying to pick one out of a litter at the junkyard.

They're like 129 at the Zone, lifetime warranty.

he said he was tight on money....

so I gave him an alternative!
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

Black pepper is free practically everywhere but the grocery store.

Comment

thanks guys for all your input, that's why I became a member of this site any issues anyone might have someone has gone thru it and found a solution and could give tips, come this monday I'm going to the junkyard and buying a radiator

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714
                          thanks guys for all your input, that's why I became a member of this site any issues anyone might have someone has gone thru it and found a solution and could give tips, come this monday I'm going to the junkyard and buying a radiator
                          glad to of helped

look closely at the seams in the JY radiators...and the conditions of the upper and lower tanks..

those radiators shouldn't cost no more than like $60

when you get it....FLUSH IT OUT!!! take some sealant and go along the seam of both upper and lower tanks.

Keep me posted mayne!

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                            glad to of helped

look closely at the seams in the JY radiators...and the conditions of the upper and lower tanks..

those radiators shouldn't cost no more than like $60

when you get it....FLUSH IT OUT!!! take some sealant and go along the seam of both upper and lower tanks.

Keep me posted mayne!
                            I bought that radiator sealent it didn't work for shit, So then on easter sunday we met up with the family at the park and since were kind of an accord family, my uncle has a 93 accord just like mine, my dad has a 91 accord, and my dad's bother has a 93 red accord, and my dad's other brother has a white 93 accord well, to make a long story short one of my uncles mentioned that he went to the junk yard not to long ago and picked up a 92 accord radiator and he said that he was willing to give it to me and I said sweet so the next day I picked it up and installed it and no leaks

Comment

Working...
                            X