Whining noise from the belts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whining noise from the belts...

Well...i was driving around today (1993 Accord) and i hit a little bump going about 5mph...and got mad and revved up my motor...and it started to make a whining noise..i pull over on the side of the road to see where its coming from and it sounds like its coming from the alt or the ps belt im not sure. When im driving it and i give it more gas it gets louder...it almost sounds like that noise your speakers make...kinda high pitch but not..what do you guys think it is? Im thinking about sparying some wd40 on the belts or maybe one of the belts is loose/tight. But i dont know.
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

damn...just sprayed some wd40 and its still making the noise....you think a bad alt would make that noise??

Comment

Tighten the belts.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
        Tighten the belts.
        Yea, Im thinking its one of the belts because when the car was on and warm...the belts werent that loud. When i went to go spark wd40 and the motor was cold...it was louder...

Comment

forgot to mention that my PS is workin fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LX Rida
            damn...just sprayed some wd40 and its still making the noise....you think a bad alt would make that noise??
            That's probably the worse thing you can do. lol. People always immediately go for belt dressing or wd40 the minute they hear the squeek. I have the pulley set from Unorthodox racing, and I experienced the same squeeking, pre and post install. There is bolts on each apparatii that need tightening. I wouldn't go too tight, just to a point where you could turn them a little bit. This should fix it.
            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

I wouldn't go too tight, just to a point where you could turn them a little bit. This should fix it.

just tight enough so that i can turn the pulley? which one? errr started it today and that shits hella annoying!

Comment

mine was the belt tentioner wasnt that tight...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Bump for the same problem: Began after going over speed bump at apartments. Next morning there is slight whining coming from Acss. area. Looked at the timing belt (literally just to see if it was in 1 piece, i have no idea what I would be looking for) and its still on the gear.

BTW the whining PULSATES. Help is very appreciated!

- Zipcreature
                  Last edited by zipcreature; 08-22-2005, 02:22 AM.
                  Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Bump....Accord making me nervous!

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                      Tighten the belts.
                      As rebels said, u shoud look at this first before thinking or trying anything else. After u tighthen start the car with A/C on. If u hear squeaking try again no noise means ur good

Comment

Its really not a sqeaking at all though. Its a whining and a pulsing vibration. Oil Pickup pressed against the oil pan due to a small dent from speed bump?

- Zipcreature
                        Awesome!

Comment

Actually, my CB7 makes the same noises. I had my car fixed by a mechanic and when i got the car back, i heard some kind of grind and a high pitch noise when I revved my engine. It's still doing it and the high pitch I can hear when I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda
                            Actually, my CB7 makes the same noises. I had my car fixed by a mechanic and when i got the car back, i heard some kind of grind and a high pitch noise when I revved my engine. It's still doing it and the high pitch I can hear when I drive.
                            Yep this is what mine is doing. The whining sounds like something rubbing. It started all of a sudden also! I'm worried about it being a bearing or something internally wrong and being stranded sometime!!
                            How do I tighten the belts?

PS When I look into the timing hole, I see that the flywheel is over to the far left side - and there is a gap of about 1/2 inch like this : [I: >I]
                            Any ideas?

- Zipcreature
                            Awesome!

Comment

bump
                              Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X