car want move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car want move

i put the car in any gear and it will not move. i put it in revers it does not move. some times it will go in to gear but i have to hit like 3000 rpms to move a lil and its an auto

The Race Car

Can we get a little more information? Like did this happen while you were driving? Did it just happen one day when you went to drive it? How about missing gears prior to this? How is the tranny fluid?

It's most likely a transmission or torque converter problem.
    1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

your transmission has most likely died.

have you heard any whining noises previously? especially when slowing down?

Comment

Originally posted by lsn92ex
        your transmission has most likely died.

have you heard any whining noises previously? especially when slowing down?
        yea is that bad

The Race Car

Comment

yes. I can't tell you the exact problem, all I can say is that you are probably going to need your transmission replaced

Comment

My auto F22a just started doing this oneday after I started it up. I didn't know what it was and it freaked me out. I haven't drove my car since. I figured it was the tranny because the engine sounded like it ran just find, idoled fine too. The car just didn't move until around 3k RPMs and it seemed like the tranny kept slipping in/out of gear once the car got moving. I decided to go 5 speed this time around and bought an H22. At first I thought the shift cable needed adjustment because I just had that done but I couldn't really tell. Good luck mane, maybe we can figure it out after we pull it and I'll let you know.
            Last edited by Accordolictx; 03-21-2008, 06:14 PM.

Comment

yeah right before my tranny completely went, it started slipping like a clutch kinda and then just wouldn't move at all. I had to get my Auto rebuilt w/ a new torque converter and shift solenoids. cost me around $1700, so its not cheap.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

1. Trans fluid level.
                2. Torque converter is the last thing you would check.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if i have to repalce it could i put the 5 speed in and i have plans for any h22b but will the f222 trans work with the h22

The Race Car

Comment

Yes it will, use the search tool. The gear ratios will be off but it will still bolt up.

Comment

will it move on D1,2 or 3?

Comment

i can put the stick in it but it doesnt move stell ugg

The Race Car

Comment

same thing happened to me. turned out to be the torque converter. priced one out at honda and they wanted $980.00 (canadian)for a new one. turned out to be cheaper to buy a 5 spd parts car from the salvage yard and do the 5 spd swap.

"I remember u and I, parked on lovers lane, Drinking each others blood, so young and insane"

Comment

Working...
                          X