taking out the a/c and power steering assembley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking out the a/c and power steering assembley

Im takin out my power steerin assembly and stuff like that along with the a/c . Now with the a/c theres a matter of more slack on the belt which size belt or belt number do i need to take up the slack being that the belt will now be smaller without the a/c?????

not sure of the size, but if you go to any autoparts store and ask for the belt without A/C they will give you what you need. If you are also removing the P/S, you will only need the alternator belt so make sure the guy at the auto store knows that.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

i took out my ac in my car. I went to autozone and told them it was a 92 accord with no a/c they had to order the belt it was there the next day fit fine even with the swap
      cb7 sold
      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Felt any difference?

Comment

Felt any difference?

Comment

Did you guys take out your a/c yourselfs or had a shop do it? How long does it take and how hard?

Comment

its not hard if you knwo wahat your doin . You have to take out the metalic lines on the firewall unscrew em off. Then the brackets then you have to take the front bumperoff, then you have to unbolt the lines from the compressor which run off the belt ,take off the compressor by unbolting the belt tenstioner near the alternator then take the belt off go to autozone ask for an accord belt with no ac then unbolt the compressor off put belt on line it up with the right tension and done!

Comment

yea i took out all my ac wasnt hard. as for a differnece dont really know im gonna hook up my ps back up it kinda sucks you really cant make like sharp turns and what not. and what you gain like 2hp anyway so it not that big of deal lol
                cb7 sold
                2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

I love mine without power steering less torque steer for me. But its a little funy while tryin to park but i gotten used to it . The reason why i like taken all that unwanted stuff out is because i dont use it secondly its a little less weight on top of that more room in the engine bay to work with .

Comment

Working...
                  X