Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so who's ever installed an exhaust while on jackstands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a pit. later.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i would back the car up on ramps then hit the bolts with an impact...atleast thats what im gonna do when i get my new exhaust
      93 SE F22A6

Comment

I have....but it was to replace the old rotted one with a newer OEM one...

like its been said before...PB blast it...let it soak...GOOD!...like MARINATE IT!!

and undo the 3 cat bolts...after its been basting in PB blaster...unhook from the rubber....and MERRY CHRISTMAS...its off.

make sure you have like 6 cutoff wheels and AIR....just in case..those bolts wanna act like a store clerk that dont wanna give you a 50 % discount

Oh yeah...make sure...you hit the bolts from time to time...and hit em up with more PB blaster..and let it soak more...to free up that rust.
        Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 03-23-2008, 09:49 PM.
        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

i did mine on 4 stands, in my uneven driveway. I got kinda lucky with the bolts. None were seized, or even that rusty. Took about 1 1/2 hours after it was shiped to my door.

Comment

I had access to a lift, so I'm no help.

Comment

so it's been about 3 days since the install, and i think some of the bolts may have backed off a bit, so i gotta get back under there and re-tighten it up. i'm guessing it's the bolts on the cat since it gets so hot there

Comment

Pulled my car in my dad's garage and drove the front of the car up on rhino ramps. All but 2 of the bolts were siezed and some didn't even have the hex shape any more. I used a sawzall to cut the downpipe right at the bend... took about 2 hours of actual work. Would have been about 20-30 min with a lift and nobody else helping.
                1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

if you aint got an extra hand for help...your legs are also there for a reason ...stupid asian metaphors hahahaa jk...kick the shit outta the oem exhaust bolts if you have to.

*Needs*
                  -New shocks
                  -Struts
                  -Drop
                  -Cleaning
                  -New Tires/Wheels
                  -New Window Tint
                  -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
                    if you aint got an extra hand for help...your legs are also there for a reason ...stupid asian metaphors hahahaa jk...kick the shit outta the oem exhaust bolts if you have to.

i seriously tried that, and there was no way in hell i could stay in that position for more then a few seconds. the piping is heavier then you could think when holding it up like that lol. i became creative and used 'helping stands' (roll of paper towels and a can of carb cleaner).

anyways, i finally got the chance to get my car on a lift. if i had known i could this soon, i would have waited to install and save me the trouble. but, hey you live and learn and installing it on the ground was a good experience. i re-tightened loose bolts and everything is mint now. loving the new exhaust, and even moreso that i did it myself

Comment

if i Was in MA id do it for ya

Comment

Working...
                      X