Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so who's ever installed an exhaust while on jackstands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i replaced my entire exhaust from the header all the way back to the WS2 on two jack stands. like the other guys i dropped my old exhaust in one piece by removing the hangers but i install everything individually. took me 45mins tops by myself.

Comment

i did my whole exhaust from the header all the way to the muffler numerous times on jackstands. as a matter of fact, i just installed the a4 header, a brand new flex pipe, and a brand new magnaflow cat to my existing cat back this past weekend on nothing but jackstands.
      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by peteypete
        i did my whole exhaust from the header all the way to the muffler numerous times on jackstands. as a matter of fact, i just installed the a4 header, a brand new flex pipe, and a brand new magnaflow cat to my existing cat back this past weekend on nothing but jackstands.
        wow, didnt know you can install an exhaust with a jack stand. what kind of tools come integrated into the stand?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
          wow, didnt know you can install an exhaust with a jack stand. what kind of tools come integrated into the stand?
          thats pretty funny

it is not hard just take everybodys advice on the pb blaster i did my exhaust with 4 jackstands a 1/2'' drive and a floor jack handle and its was easy, breaking the bolts free is the hardest thing so with the floor jack handle it made it easy the more leverage the easier it will be
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Welded sockets on the stand arms? lol

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

care to patent that idea? better yet...make the jack stand a hydraulic jack that locks in place and the tools can be attached to the side of it.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

care to patent that idea? better yet...make the jack stand a hydraulic jack that locks in place and the tools can be attached to the side of it.
                Workin on it lol.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

figures, i get the motivation to do the install.. and it rains, and the forecast is the same for thursday

Comment

installed the exhaust today. took a little longer then i expected, but i wanted to make sure everything was perfect. it was worth the time i took doing it (~1.5hours from jacking the car up, to the first start-up). now to go test it

Comment

pita, if you ask me and i was not lucky enough to have a lift handy at the time. and stubborn bolts made it extremely hard. also being limited on tools didn't help any. so my car was down for a few days.
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I did mine on a lift and there was 4 people working on it together. total time was 10 minutes from lift to lower. we had it all prepped to be put on before we brought it in the shop.

Currently I've been replacing my header/downpipe/cat and I had to cut the downpipe because that shit was siezed! The cat bolts were rusted to all all hell. A simple header replacement turned into header/downpipe and cat... so there went all my money I had set aside towards building up my motor some this summer... now I gotta start all over again.

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

I did mine on jack stands, Jacked up the drivers side (RHD) and tacked everything in place, removed it, welded it up on the ground then fitted it up.
                          Not the most fun rolling around on the ground, not to mention welding upside down. But it worked and wasnt too much effort

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Ive taken the whole exhaust off while just the front was up on jacks.its not that hard. just use alot WD40 on the bolts. & get ready to lift the whole thing while laying on your back

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                              Ive taken the whole exhaust off while just the front was up on jacks.its not that hard. just use alot WD40 on the bolts. & get ready to lift the whole thing while laying on your back

yup, i lifted the front and put 2 jackstands on the 2 front points behind the wheels. had just enough room to slide under and do the damn thing. since i didnt have another set of hands to hold the pipes in place, i used a can of brakleen and a roll of paper towels as stands, lol worked real good though. gonna get back under there in about a week to make sure nothing has loosened up on me, and check for any leaks

Comment

yes pb blaster is your friend. if any bolt on these cars are oem and have never been touched, you will need it everytime. haha i snapped a craftsman breaker bar trying to unbolt one of my struts. haha

work in progress..

Comment

Working...
                                X