weatherstripping question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weatherstripping question....

i was just wondering, how does the weather stripping around the trunk, doors, etc come off? when i take it off is it reusable? or do i need to buy all new stuff. also is there a special way to take it off. and finally if i can reuse it how do i reaply it. do i hafta buy special "weatherstripping" glue?thanks.

Bumpidy Bump.
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

There are these grooves that it goes in. Try taking it off in one spot and u will see how it will come off. I belive you can reuse it but i dunno why you would..

It goes in these little slits..

Try it and take a look

Goodluck

Comment

ya i heard it slides out but wasnt sure, i will see, the reason i want to reuse it is because if it slides out why buy new shit?, if i can get it off clean then theres no sense in buying all new stuff. but thanks i will see.i am just glad its not glued on. thanks.

Comment

bumpidy bump. still curious if it slides out, i will go check in about 5 mins when its light out. ypu i said 5 mins, its 437 and i am not fucking tired, well i am but i am wide awake. wtf.

Comment

door strippings come off with minimal damage...very little glue

dunno about the trunk but all i can say is take your time on the plastic clips and slowly peel off the stripping where its glued

you painting your car or something? just curious why you need to take them off.

when putting them back in on the doors make sure you oil up the stripping where it goes in the top grooves of the door otherwise there's too much friction
            Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
            Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

FINALLY, thanks tinted good to know. no actually i am getting new rear quarters welded in, so the trunklid has to come off along with rear window,bumper,side skirts, and all the weather stripping, so i thought i would prepare myself for doing most of the labor myself and just pay the shop to do the welding. thanks for the info. the only weather stripping thats gotta come off is the trunklid stripping,and rear door stripping.thanks. but ya a paintjob will def follow.

oh ya .......plastic clips?

Comment

plastic clips or slits like maple referred to them...there basically 1 cm wide "T" shaped plastic things....you'll see them when you take them off the doors and I am sure the trunk has them too

look at the bottom part of one of your doors so you can check out these "clips" that i am talking about...that way if you tear one it won't be that bad

there arent any clips on the top parts so thats where you should begin by just pealing it out of the deep groove
                Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
                Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Working...
                X