Manual Clutch Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Clutch Conversion?

I'm just wondering if there are any parts available to facilitate a conversion from the hydraulic clutch to a manual clutch? I know most people want to go the other way when they've got a cable driven clutch. How heavy would the clutch get exactly? I've driven some pretty heavy clutches... can't imagine that a manual clutch for a 4cyl would be that heavy.
    1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Don't think an cb ever came with a cable clutch or and no one really sells anything for these cars after market like conversion kits. Normally people covert a old civic from cable to hydraulic not the other way around.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

I am not totally sure here, but did the 3rd gen accord come with a cable clutch?

If so, it's be easier to fab that up rather than an old civic line.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Yeah that's what I figured... would it be possible to use civic parts to accomplish this? Is there any cross compatibility?
        1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

Really you would have to find a tranny that is capable of a cable or rig the shift fork and a bracket up. But im sure you could get the clutch pedal out of a civic or teg and rig it up I just don't see were you wanna go with this.
          -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

From what I'm reading on google at least... looks like some 2nd gen Accords came with cable clutches... I was just curious... my clutch is leaking and I'm going to have to get it fixed for the second time since I bought the car 2 years ago. I was just wondering if there was a possibility to eliminate the hydraulic system all together, though I doubt I'd go to the trouble even if there was a way.

Comment

Why would you want to rig up a cable. Just use a hydraulic system its already on the car and its less hassle.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Why would you want to rig up a cable. Just use a hydraulic system its already on the car and its less hassle.
                In my experience, the current system sucks... I'm sure it's just circumstantial and isolated to this car, but it's been pissing me off since day one... I've had a leaking clutch since I bought it and will have repaired it twice when I fix it this time.

Personally I don't see the benefit of the hydraulic system in such a light low powered vehicle... it's about as useless as the power steering system IMO. I'm also a fan of simplicity... and I do like heavier clutches.

That said, regardless of a more complicated design, I agree it is simpler to repair whats there instead of ripping it out to rig up a maintenence free system.

Comment

I dunno I havent had any bad experiences. The only thing I have had to change on mine ever since I owned it was the slave. Everything else is just fine. Most of the hydraulic systems I have touched havent had much issue. Its either a slave cylinder or master cylinder. Thats it. Cable is simple but then its work to convert to cable on our cars. Thats why I say just stick with the hydro system.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Point taken.

Comment

Working...
                    X