OK WTF Just Happened ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK WTF Just Happened ???????

I get into the cb7 this morning to go to work ..put the key in.. all sounds and lights up correctly ... i turn the motor over
    and I hear this horrible noise ....difficult to explain .. but .. sounds like a whirring sound ... I go to turn off and pull ignition key ..
    and the fawkin motor sounds like its still trying to turn over .. WITHOUT the key in it ????

It's dark .. and i try to dissconnect the battery .. (HOT ass battery at that) not the battery per say .. but the terminals ...
    before i can get the battery disconnected .. it stops ..

Now .. no lights .. no nothing ...put the key in annnnd .. notta
    wtf just happened folks ??

It's like really early and i doubt i'll get much response .. but ummm
    help??

edit: i could also put the key back in the ignition and switch it on, (with IT still tryin to turn itSELF over)
    then *tap* it to the start postion and it would run fine .. but still .. there was this *whirring* sound ..horrible ..not good ..
    so when i go to turn it off AND pull the key .. she's still goin .. errr errr errr errr
    but now ..ug .. notta ..

A Hui Hou !!
    Tomi
    Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-19-2004, 07:29 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

sounds like your ignitions fucked up, sounds like it doesnt know the key has been removed wich makes it stay started,.....right?

and now it wont start?

Comment

ya ... not only will it NOT start .. but ..i mean. nothing man ..i hit the lights ..the interior dome..the door panel lites ..
      NOTHING!!

I also had a smallll smell of electrical .. no sparks or fire .. but ..a faint smell of that ol familiar .. you know ..
      the smell we alll hate to smell ....

Thanks for the early reply man ..What could fool the ignition in
      thinking the key hadn't been removed ? Something *touch* something somewhere ??

a hui hou
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-19-2004, 07:32 AM.

Comment

you didnt short something out when removing the terminals did you? also with your battery properly hooked up disconnect the negative battery cable for atleast 20 sec that will reset the ecu. you didnt touch terminals together did u. you shouldnt be smelling fried wires. battery isnt dead?

Comment

I never got to completely disconnect the battery .. it just stopped.. like you know when yr battery dies ?
          it was like turning over and turning over aannnnd ..thennn came to a sorta slowww halt ..then .. notta ..
          and I mean notaaa fawkin thang !!

jus called Honda and the guy says i mighta *jammed* my starter ..it *has* been acting up lately,
          like when you insert key and go to start .. there's like a dealyed reaction.. honda says ignition wires
          are also like 70 bucks.. (thas wut I mighta smelled) i KNOW i'll need a new battery ..
          and pretty sure I'll need a starter ... ug .. nice start to my day so far ... NOT !!

a hui hou !!
          Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-19-2004, 08:50 AM.

Comment

damn man sucks to hear that. If u need a starter and u have a automatic, let me know asap, and i can try to help u out. hit me up on AIM = slowassaccord210

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

alllllllrighty then folks ...

first off .. thanks to everyone who was concerned and responded .. wow, what a day ...
              the guy comes with the tow truck ... and I din even know he was out there hookin up ..
              I see that its a fawkin ford f-350 .. modded into a tow truck .. AND .. its an automatic !!
              .. he couldnt get the rail under my front end.. and was actually spinnin his tires ...
              wellll .. he blew a tranny hose, and I mean when that stuff hit the exhaust of his f-350,
              there was smoke everywhere .. I told um to get that thing OUTTA my driveway ...
              and call in, and get a damn flatbed ... !!! morons !!! GRRRRrrrrrrrrrr

Soooo .. an hour later a flatbed shows up ..the guy is 68 .. and can barely move lol .. but
              a cool .. wayyyy cool dude .. so I end up hookin everything up for um, and jump in and away we go ...

My mech didnt order anything .. cuz he wanted to be sure ... and yep ... the tests show .. bad solenoid
              on the starter .. the bottom end was great .. but the solenoid was gone .. so ..
              I make a call to a friend at another shop .. and he's got one outta a 5 speed .. clean as hell !!!
              $75.00 ... my guy charges me 40 to put her in .. all the while we had the battery on charge
              and it was fine ... nothing else snapped.. busted .. or broke .. whewwwwwww ..

I swear i have NEVER heard of ANYthing like this happening .. the key was out, and the cb7
              still wanted to crank .. !!!! wtf ??? Well .. he and a few others on this and a couple of other forums
              helped make sense out of it ... but anyway .. the starter activated itself and then jammed ... simple as that.
              And the noise it made scared the pee outta me ... I thought for sure I mighta sucked a valve ...
              broke a belt .. or bent a rod .. I had NO idea .. But, I was wide awake right after it just died ..
              and whirr, whirrr, whirrrrred itself, and shut down comPLETEly..

But alas .. she's back up and runnin again .. while my guy waited for the starter from the other shop,
              I went to town on the engine bay ... and all the hoses, plastic, rubber, metal... you name it .. got cleaned.
              Love goin to his shop... everythings right there .. all I ever need .. lol .. I even broke out his air hose,
              and blew it all out (so many leaves.. heheh) before I smacked down the cleanin ...

The only two things I never replaced when we dropped the new motor in was a distributor.. annnnd
              a starter ... hmmm .. b4 it's too late ... anybudy got any great leads on a distributor?? LOL !!
              Preferably .. a really nice one ? Like sorta, kina new ?? heheh .. like the starter I got ...

Thanks again folks .. it's been a loonnnng dayy.. glad it was a simple matter, and nothin else happened.
              Have a great night everyone .. and once again .. thanks for all the concern in the emails, IM's, PM's
              and here on the forum .. lol..

A HUIIiiiii HOU !!!
              Tomi

Comment

whew, sounds like it was a weird sounding problem. but im glad you got it figured out

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

sorry i didnt reply to you earlier... dont really check my email.. but u found your problem. Good luck with everthing man

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

Comment

Working...
                  X