Broken stud header related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken stud header related

So i'm in my garage starting up the car since it's been a few days. I'm up in front of the car looking into the engine bay when i notice a small area of where the gasket behind the header it seems to be leaking a very small amount of oil. I tighten the nuts around where the leak is but end up snapping one.

It doesn't leak oil just to the right of where i snapped the stud anymore nor does it smoke or anything. It's just broken and an eyesore. Can this be repaired?

You'll have to get a pair of vice grips or a bolt extractor to take it out once you remove your header. You can find the studs easily at junkyard.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

oh good so i'm not fuxored then.

well i was hoping i wouldn't need to remove the header to install it but oh well. Better do it the right way so i don't ****ed myself again.

Thanks for the quick reply man.

Comment

or you can get one from the dealer for around $2-3..

Comment

should be easy, there's a little bit sticking out of the head.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

looks like an easy fix i had one snap off flush with my head befor so i had to drill it out then get a bolt extracter and remove it and rethread it for the new stud ... you can get packs of them from the parts store too

Comment

thanks for the re-assurance guys. this just popped into my head but should i also use a thread lock of any kind? when i go to install the replacment?

Comment

if theres enough thread you could try taking it off by putting two bolts on top of eachother
                Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Working...
                X