Seatbelt issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt issues.

Okay, first; I searched. Couldn't find my particular problem listed. so here goes.

My baby has been sitting out of fuel and dead of battery for a few weeks. I got gas, got a jump and everything is fine (whew!), except the passenger seatbelt won't retract. Okay, no problem (Xanax keeps me from getting too excited over things here lately!). Come in, get on cb7tuner, do a little research, go look in the trunk, find my OEM toolkit! pull the fuses, manually retract the passenger belt, pop the fuses back in, open the door and it slides all the way forward again. And won't retract. I can manually do it again, but what the hell? It seems that if it goes one way, it should go the other way. I saw somewhere else someone posted about a reset button for the belts. Does anyone know where that is, if it actually exists? I love my auto-belts and I'm hoping it's something simple. Anyone got any ideas?

Check you cluster to see if it shows the door open and close so you know the switch is working. Maybe the door switch is messed up.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Shows the door is shut. That was the first thign I thought of.

Comment

Just take it too the dealer, they are suppose to fix it for free.
        wat?

Comment

Check the little switch that sits at that end of the tract. I used to have a problem like that, but reverse, so it would go all the way to the back but the light would stay on, because the switch there was bad I ghetto rigged it with a paper clip. If that switch was bad, it wouldn't know where the seatbelt was on the tract.
          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
            Just take it too the dealer, they are suppose to fix it for free.
            X2 Lifetime repair on the seatbelts at Honda dealer.
            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
            ><((((º>

Comment

Deal on the lifetime repairs!!! Gonna do that. ANy idea how long they'll want to keep her?

Comment

Call and schedule a appointment so that way you can be in and out.
                -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Working...
                X