egr problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egr problem

lately i have been getting a CEL when it's hot outside. i checked the code it came out to be code 12. i have a mitchell manual and i performed all the tests on the car but still the egr keeps throwing up cells. anyone have any ideas what else could be wrong ? the car doesn't run too bad but i don't like the cel there

block it off on the manifold and zip tie the valve & sensor to the firewall with the vac line and wire connector still plugged in...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

tap the egr diaphram..it will go away...for a bit...

there is a diy on cleaning the egr ports search for "cleaning" in the DIY forum
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

all those have been done in the spring before the problems started occuring on a daily basis. i think it might be the relay that when it is warming up it is acting stupid.

Comment

it shouldnt be, check for vacumn leaks at the egr...see if the egr valve is funtioning properly...
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X