pvc valve hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pvc valve hose

so, after i got my valve gasket and spark plugs changed i did the pvc valve and hose b/c they were pretty old. well my question is the hose is being suctioned by the pvc valve and after the car is turned off the hose returns to normal. should i get a new valve and grommet?

Looks ok unless your leaking around the grommet.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so its suppose to be suctioned like that? i dont feel any air around the grommet just saw a little oil and wiped it off. also, i dont really hear a click when i pinch the middle of the pvc hose.

Comment

pinching the hose isnt gonna do much unless your hose is soft as hell. Pull the pcv valve and shake it. All it is is a spring/ball in there basically. You hear it rattle your fine.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

maybe don't use vaccume hose.
          doesn't oil go through there ??

use the braided hose with the string inside to re-enforce it.
          FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
          My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

pcv is used to help relieve crancase pressure at idle and under high vacuum. also allows oil vapors to mix with air to be burned off rather than venting them to the atmosphere. the hose should not be sucking itself together and should be maintaining it shape. sounds like you have a stuck valve thats not allowing the vaccuum to enter the valve cover.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

weird thing is the grommet seemed closed when i replaced the pvc valve is it suppose to be closed? ill probably get a new valve and grommet from honda tommrw its pretty affordable to replace. thanks guys

Comment

Put It In Ur Mouth And Blow It

Also That Hose Looks Pretty Cheap

Remeber The Pcv Is Also A One-way Check Valve, It Will Only Let Air Go Trough One Way
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
                  Put It In Ur Mouth And Blow It
                  Boy...i dunno how many times Ive said that.....

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                  sounds like you have a stuck valve thats not allowing the vaccuum to enter the valve cover.
                  x2

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

You need a better hose. No hose in the engine bay should collapse like that.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

That thing is fucked up.....First and foremost, go to a HONDA dealership and get a genuine honda hose from them. Do not go to your local parts dealer to get a cheap chinese piece of shit hose. Second, check your pcv valve itself; Remove the pcv valve from the valve cover with the hose still attached....then with engine running at idle, put your index finger over the pcv valve and check that there is suction. You should also feel the valve inside move into and out of position when you stop the suction with your finger. Then remove it from the hose and shake it. If it doesn't rattle then replace. While your at the dealership you might want to get a new pcv valve from them too; especially if it hasn't been replaced in awhile. Also, do not buy a pcv valve from a local parts dealer either; there is a HUGE difference!
                      Last edited by arctichonda; 03-12-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Mine did that right before I had a long distance show, so I just replaced it with some thick fuel hose that I had on a roll, and on I went. Never had a problem and looks better that the faded hose that was on there.

Comment

yea There is nothing wrong with using large fuel line. Its reinforced so the chances of it collapsing are slim to non. dont waist money on a 12 dollar hose at honda when you can replicated it with something better for 1.99!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
                            yea There is nothing wrong with using large fuel line. Its reinforced so the chances of it collapsing are slim to non. dont waist money on a 12 dollar hose at honda when you can replicated it with something better for 1.99!
                            I disagree; only because something is wrong with it presently. It should not do that under normal conditions with a normal sized quality hose. You should never have to put on a stronger hose just to keep it from collapsing.

Comment

Originally posted by arctichonda
                              I disagree; only because something is wrong with it presently. It should not do that under normal conditions with a normal sized hose. You should not have to put on a stronger hose just to keep it from collapsing.
                              The hose is just worn out... Shit happens. Just replace the hose with another and your set.

Comment

Working...
                              X