Radiator Fan not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Fan not working

I just found out that my Radiator Fan NEVER turns on. its been over 5 yrs and i have never seem or heard it turn on. ( until the Radiator Fan on my other cb7 turn on) Is this normal? cuz the engine have never overheat yet.
    thx

Great achievements result from great effort

u can test it if u let it idle for like 20 or more minutes..

or get the connector, attach 2 wires and run it to the battery and tap it.

if the fan turns on its good...and its ur fan tempurature switch on the throttle body

if the fan doesnt turn on its a bad fan.

its not good to run without a radiator fan.

does it turn on when the AC is on?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

a/c is dead so don't know if it will turn on or not. i'll try what u said. by the way where is the throttle body?

thx

Comment

opps i talked about fan switch on the throttle body

i meant fan switch on thermostat housing, its a green connector.

haha the throttle body is where the intake goes into the manifold...good thing u caught that.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Re: Radiator Fan not working

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
          I just found out that my Radiator Fan NEVER turns on. its been over 5 yrs and i have never seem or heard it turn on. ( until the Radiator Fan on my other cb7 turn on) Is this normal? cuz the engine have never overheat yet.
          thx
          My 92 A6 cooling fan does not come on while at idle. You can start it up and let it idle for an hour and it does not come on, yet my temp gauge reads normal. I have to drive it around or turn on the AC to get it to come on. I figure my cooling system is excellent with an aluminum core radiator. I first thought my fan was bad. If you turn on the AC, both fans should come on. If you put you engine under load, the fan should also come on.
          TBILL
          92 Accord EX Coupe
          CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
          CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

i need longer wires....lol
            i'll see when i fix my a/c ( so hot )
            thx for the fast reply guys!

Comment

Re: Re: Radiator Fan not working

Originally posted by TBILL
              My 92 A6 cooling fan does not come on while at idle. You can start it up and let it idle for an hour and it does not come on, yet my temp gauge reads normal. I have to drive it around or turn on the AC to get it to come on. I figure my cooling system is excellent with an aluminum core radiator. I first thought my fan was bad. If you turn on the AC, both fans should come on. If you put you engine under load, the fan should also come on.
              id look at it or test the fan switch's resistance...maybe it hasnt come on for a reason...

all fluids cant sustain heat even idling..it has to be cooled down..unless ur in cold ass weather.

i think the ac fans are tied together...so that when the AC kicks in both turn on by a seperate switch.

iono though...

id rather have my fan turn on after 20 minutes than not turn on at all....especially in the summer here.

on my friends car temporary we put a switch to the battery so he can turn it on..its a civic so the smaller radiator dissapates heat less and usually at a light u see his temp guage go up..

so the switch helps.

hope things work out for u guys

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Put it on a switch

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Radiator Fan not working

Originally posted by accordztech
                  id look at it or test the fan switch's resistance...maybe it hasnt come on for a reason...
                  I dunno. It does this after I switched to a aluminum core radiator. If I drive around town, the cooling fan does come on. My temp gauge is normal. If the outside temp is hot, it will come on at idle. I noticed a big difference when I went from copper core to aluminum core radiator. I also lost a lot of weight. I do live in the northern rockies where it is winter about 6 months out of the year and between the snow and bad roads, I won't lower my accords. I have another fan switch I could replace it. But I dunno, I'm not overheating. Engine is cooling fine by itself. I'll kick it arould at the dealer tomorrow as I'm goin' there anyway.
                  TBILL
                  92 Accord EX Coupe
                  CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
                  CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

oh well it comes on...haha i thought u said it doesnt.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

wheres the thermostat housing?

Comment

how do u get the radiator resvoir tank out? i can't get to the connector.

Comment

just keep giggling and pulling upwards...

take off the top cover first, the cap...

then just yank it upwards, it will come up...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

fan works so wheres the thermostat housing?

Comment

I havent had a working cooling fan for about a year now. Only problem i have is when i cruised for a good hour on the highway ~90mph then hit rushour stop and go... car doesnt like that, anything else it doesnt do anything. I need to get it working though since im selling the car, and wouldnt want it to leave someone stranded.

Comment

Working...
                              X