help, car has no spark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, car has no spark.

okay, since everyone here are pretty much mechanically incline I thought I can get some help on a friends car. her car has crapped out on her, she has a 95 dodge stratus, her car is the type that doest have a cap and rotor. so she is not getting any spark on all 6 cylinders. engine turns over but nothing, strong fuel smell, I checked everything else and its fine, fuel pressure, timing, compression, fuses, spark wires and plugs, so its pointing at the distributer. anyones help is great.

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
    okay, since everyone here are pretty much mechanically incline I thought I can get some help on a friends car. her car has crapped out on her, she has a 95 dodge stratus, her car is the type that doest have a cap and rotor. so she is not getting any spark on all 6 cylinders. engine turns over but nothing, strong fuel smell, I checked everything else and its fine, fuel pressure, timing, compression, fuses, spark wires and plugs, so its pointing at the distributer. anyones help is great.

did you check the power to the coils? i could be a ecu problem to. i know we worked on a status once that didnt get any spark. changed the ecu, and it fired right back up.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

has the thermostate been changed latly? if so check the ground thats connected to the thermstate housing thats the ground for the ecu and if thats not grounded then you wont get any spark. if that doesnt work the most likly the distributer.

Comment

Originally posted by highmilage
        has the thermostate been changed latly? if so check the ground thats connected to the thermstate housing thats the ground for the ecu and if thats not grounded then you wont get any spark. if that doesnt work the most likly the distributer.
        it's a dodge............

possible bad crank sensor.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
        X