No announcement yet.

best and worst mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 22 city/highway combined with mods. 24city 31highway bone stock. BTW Blackpearl2006 wondered how much drag the mirrors caused, with my PFM's on I flipped them in on the highway and gained 1mph, 1/2mpg better, it technically was ok because I flipped them out anytime I saw a cop lol
    BTW my worst ever was 14mpg, my car also has 232,000 on it so that may not help

Comment

I'm testing a blend of 3oz acetone, 1.5oz xylene, and 1.5oz 2stroke oil (shaken, not stirred) added to a full tank. I don't expect much until the gas goes back to non-ethanol, it does seem to run better already though.

Comment

24.6486197 with a 90 CB7, over the course of 2 years. I have a roof rack and a pretty good tune-up. Totally stock. I keep methodical track of my mileage and gas purchase.

Comment

Have you noticed a diference between the brands of gas out there?

Comment

Yea, Shell and 76 both sell nice gas
            My car started idleing and starting smootherwhen I used thier gas, however they are normally 20-30cents more a gallon. Which doesn't warrant the price, except on race night
            My highest was 35 mpg with 95% highway
            Lowest was like 15mph full WOT action
            1990 LX F22A1 Auto Tranny
            Your man for wiring solutions!
            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Highest was 27mpg in city (that's all I ever drive).
              Lowest was 19mpg in city, lots of racing.

I have a 93 LX, F22A1, H23 intake manifold w/IABs, additional IAB spacer, stock intake, 2.25" catback magnaflow, and an automatic transmission, all with 250,000 on original engine/trans.
              Last edited by foamypirate; 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I believe the worst I measured was a hair below 28. Best was either 34 or just short of it. Winter is 28-30, summer 30-33.

Mostly stock LX, manual, slightly lowered, modified intake
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

I've never, in over three years, been able to crack the 30mpg barrier,maybe 'cause it's a wagon...not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
                    Is it common that the H gets better mpg? I always thought it'd be worse. If the H does get better mpg, man, what even better reason to get a transplant!

Or is it because of the m2b4 tranny?
                    Yeah, like 2.2litrebeater said, the h22 is a lot fresher than the f22. Also, I'd really think the (leaner) tune on the h22 is netting me better mpg.

Any h22 tranny is kind of an anti-mpg. I get a lot of passengers thinking/asking "why are you in third gear at cruising speed?!" Then I explain the wonders of short geared transmissions and that I'm actually in fifth.

Comment

Worst I've gotten was 19... best was 36 doing 65 for about 6 hours straight.

I get 23 MPG driving back and forth from work about 2 miles away.
                      1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

My best was 36.88mpg that was in my 90 DX Manual F22B running on the pt3 ecu, I got like 520 miles on that tank and only put about 14 gallons back to fill up. I think that was a fluke cause on the next three tanks I got 33.3-34.4mpg with the same driving. I haven't checked my gas mileage since I got my p39 though. My worst was like 23mpg with my 240,000 mile f22a1.

Comment

Since buying my 93 EX sedan 5spd last January I have averaged 26 mpg with a mix of highway and city driving commuting to and from work. The best I got was driving all highway at 70-75 mph on the highway to my cabin when I got 32. The mpg over the winter has been consistently 2-3 mpg less than it is in the summer based on a spreadsheet I have kept since buying the car. It has 193k miles on it and it is 100% stock.

Comment

I can't believe that you guys are really averaging anywhere close to 30 MPG. Taking the average of one tank of gas is not an average at all, but rather an aberration.

Comment

I got 38mpg once. Filled, drove, put more fuel in and figured it to be 38mpg. Still trying to figure out how I got that. I got 480miles on a tank before. That's the highest accumulation on a tank.
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd'r
                                I'm testing a blend of 3oz acetone, 1.5oz xylene, and 1.5oz 2stroke oil (shaken, not stirred) added to a full tank. I don't expect much until the gas goes back to non-ethanol, it does seem to run better already though.
                                This mixture in a tank of 87 Conoco yielded 26.8mpg, all city. My previous tank had nothing added, I drove more carefully and got 23.2. My wifes 2000 EX 5spd with the same additive dropped in mpg to 20.5 Must have something to do with the OBDII set-up...doesn't really matter since CB7's are all OBDI anyway, maybe someone at TOV would know.

Comment

Working...
                                X