best and worst mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2
    I love these threads....pop up every week....

BEST: 32mpg w/ AC full blast in the middle of summer, I know I don't know HOW i did it, it was like 114* that day. All highway of course(done w/ F22A6 plenum/TB)

WORST: 19mpg, Led foot baby...when I was 16 and had to go places lol!

I've got an AUTO 93 EX Coupe. H23IM/Plenum,(best w/ plenum is 31mpg, done just last week going to Tucson), Prelude 3" CAI, DC header, Greddy catback. 17" wheels/tires, Legend Lip (haha aero drag)

I recently Seafoamed my car on Sun. so that might help hopefully.
    Is the recent 31mpg with the roof on as well?

Comment

Sorry, roof RACK.

Comment

I forgot to add my worse. I pedaled it most of the time and I think I got 17 or 19 mpg I forgot. That was just straight up WOT and heel toe downshifting lol. Gotta love late night runs with the buddies.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd'r
          Is the recent 31mpg with the roof on as well?
          haha NO! I WISH! I get like 21 combined city/highway (70/30) w/ the roof rack & bike on top. I went to tucson w/o the rack to save $$$ since the rack does add a considerable amount of drag, even w/ that fairing (thing w/ stickers on it lol) deflecting the windflow.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Worst was like 22mpg. Best was like 32mpg.
            Raceline USA

Comment

haha NO! I WISH! I get like 21 combined city/highway (70/30) w/ the roof rack & bike on top. I went to tucson w/o the rack to save $$$ since the rack does add a considerable amount of drag, even w/ that fairing (thing w/ stickers on it lol) deflecting the windflow.
              WOW, the roof rack can add THAT much drag?! Dang! Even with the deflector?

Makes me wonder how much drag is caused by the little raised deflector parts on my nose bra. I also imagine my side mirrors cause a lot of drag, as I can audibly hear the wind passing around them with a lot of force. I kinda wish the mirrors were more aerodynamic. On a side note, I wonder if the oem spoiler does anything other than look cool, or does it add drag too I wonder.....
              My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
                WOW, the roof rack can add THAT much drag?! Dang! Even with the deflector?

Makes me wonder how much drag is caused by the little raised deflector parts on my nose bra. I also imagine my side mirrors cause a lot of drag, as I can audibly hear the wind passing around them with a lot of force. I kinda wish the mirrors were more aerodynamic. On a side note, I wonder if the oem spoiler does anything other than look cool, or does it add drag too I wonder.....
                well also, that 31mpg I did w/o it was ALL highway. The 21 I get w/ the rack is when i go to school back and forth, which is mostly highway, but I get stuck in traffic a lot of the time. So most of that gas is wasted idling. So i'd say to compare apples to apples, I'd prob. get like 24-25 w/ the rack going all highway.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

The chin spoiler should help mpg. the idea being the bottom of the car is too rough compared to the top and sides so pushing the air up or around is better. Too bad our cars aren't OBD2 or we could get a ScanGauge that can show you instant, and accurate, mpg readouts. You could fold your mirrors in and see if they really do make a differance w/out driving 300 miles to prove it.

Comment

My mpg went up to 23.2 by backing off the gas and not letting it idle as much. This is all city with no additives in the gas, except the ethanol which goes away on the 31st.

Comment

best - 30-32 mpg, worst - 15mpg (thats because i race) and thats on auto tranny.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

well also, that 31mpg I did w/o it was ALL highway. The 21 I get w/ the rack is when i go to school back and forth, which is mostly highway, but I get stuck in traffic a lot of the time. So most of that gas is wasted idling. So i'd say to compare apples to apples, I'd prob. get like 24-25 w/ the rack going all highway.

Hmm, maybe the rack (and bike?) make it have worse mpg not necc due to drag, but perhaps weight?

I know I get crappier mpg when my trunk is full of crap and/or I'm carrying a full passenger load. Weight on these little cars makes a big diff I think.
                        My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Average - 25mpg

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
                            Hmm, maybe the rack (and bike?) make it have worse mpg not necc due to drag, but perhaps weight?

I know I get crappier mpg when my trunk is full of crap and/or I'm carrying a full passenger load. Weight on these little cars makes a big diff I think.
                            yah thats w/ the bike on top so the frame, pedals and handle bars all screw up the aerodynamics of thecar, so i guess that's why its so crappy. The rack itself weighs maybe 25 lbs, and the bike another 30 lbs. so it doesn't help handling either b/c it raises the CG a lot I bet.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

worst 18mpg , pretty much runnin flat out late for work (was a regular basis), and 28-29mpg on road trips. f22a6 auto coupe

Comment

damn, i must say i am straight addicted to boost and i dunno if ill ever live w.o it again, but it will also be my downfall this past year my mpg ranged from 11 up to my max was like 21 i think.... of course 450cc injectors dumpin on 10 pounds isnt so "efficient" lol, but raping wrxs n keepin up w/ stis n 335 bmws is more than worth it oh yeah and its on an f22a6 n stock rebuilt 5sp. w/ lsd..... 17" wheels on 225/45 tires..... heavy too....

Comment

Working...
                                X