best and worst mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best and worst mpg

I know we mainly talk performance here, but with gas heading for $4gal our cars are looking more like gas hogs all the time. Lately I've been getting 21-22, all city and as aggressive as I can safely get away with. I just started to change my habits to see what improvement could be acheived. Next is non-ethanol gas, should add 1.5mpg alone. So what's your cars best and worst mpg?

Originally posted by 5spd'r
    I know we mainly talk performance here, but with gas heading for $4gal our cars are looking more like gas hogs all the time. Lately I've been getting 21-22, all city and as aggressive as I can safely get away with. I just started to change my habits to see what improvement could be acheived. Next is non-ethanol gas, should add 1.5mpg alone. So what's your cars best and worst mpg?
    worst i've ever seen in mine is ~20mpg. best is probably ~28mpg. im averaging about 24-25mpg at the moment

Comment

Best so far is 28mpg on my LX. That's like 75% city, 25 highway.
      1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

I get about 21 - 24mpg in the beater, its about 20% highway, 80% city

Comment

Im gettin bout 17mi, Driving on 3 cly. sucks

Comment

i get between 25-28 mpg in the wagon, about 50/50 city/highway

Comment

21MPG best. 18MPG worst

Originally posted by 5spd'r
              We should SPECIFY the motor, the trim, and the body (wagon, sedan, coupe), year, and any mods. I keep hearing such a wide array of mpg stats, but it's hard to see if there's a pattern to specific cars.

Mine is 91EX F22A4 Stock Sedan (except for superflow exhaust). I get 21mpg overall, doesn't seem to make a diff if I'm doing freeway or city driving. The only thing that's ever made a diff for me is when I had my timing advanced I had more punch, but my mpg was lower, like 18-19mpg. Set back to stock timing gave me 21mpg. I also have not changed my sparks/wires/cap since I bought the car 3 years ago! (bad!)
              My Ride (Click here)

Comment

I remember with the F, no matter how hard I drived it or how gingerly I babied it, I would always get 22 mpg. I just got 27.8 mpg (mostly highway) over 14 gallons w/ the H and m2b4 tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                  I remember with the F, no matter how hard I drived it or how gingerly I babied it, I would always get 22 mpg. I just got 27.8 mpg (mostly highway) over 14 gallons w/ the H and m2b4 tranny.
                  Is it common that the H gets better mpg? I always thought it'd be worse. If the H does get better mpg, man, what even better reason to get a transplant!

Or is it because of the m2b4 tranny?
                  My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Worst ever: 19mpg city with heavy foot

Best ever: 29mpg highway keeping it at 80mph or below.

I'm auto
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

29-30mpg doing 80-90 on highway. About 24-26 City doin 40-50.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
                        Is it common that the H gets better mpg? I always thought it'd be worse. If the H does get better mpg, man, what even better reason to get a transplant!

Or is it because of the m2b4 tranny?
                        probably beat up f22s getting bad mileage, my h averages about 2 mpgs more than the f did which had bad spark plug tube seals
                        worst 20-21 best 26-27 for me.
                        FA1

Comment

I average 25 mpg this time of year and 31 or 32 in the summer with the A/C blasting. That's nearly 100% highway averaging 75mph for 100 miles each day. For city driving I average 20 in the winter and 23 in the summer.
                          All time worse milage I've gotten on this car (90 4dr auto Dx, completely stock, 136k miles) is 17mpg... bad plugs/wires + change to winter fuel + change to snow tires + an hour in rush hour traffic = bad mileage

In my f22 prelude with the auto trans I got typically 3mpg lower than I get in my accord (both autos with A/C). Now that it's a 5 speed I do about 2mpgs better than my accord, but it's got an h23 trans/intake manifold, header, and exhaust.

Comment

I should've included my set-up-91 wagon f22a6, cat-back 2" straight-thru exhaust, stock-sized tires, cf hood(that should help eh?),k&n,msd 8.5, 5/30 synthetic oil. best mpg a high 29@80mph...5spd of course

Comment

I love these threads....pop up every week....

BEST: 32mpg w/ AC full blast in the middle of summer, I know I don't know HOW i did it, it was like 114* that day. All highway of course(done w/ F22A6 plenum/TB)

WORST: 19mpg, Led foot baby...when I was 16 and had to go places lol!

I've got an AUTO 93 EX Coupe. H23IM/Plenum,(best w/ plenum is 31mpg, done just last week going to Tucson), Prelude 3" CAI, DC header, Greddy catback. 17" wheels/tires, Legend Lip (haha aero drag)

I recently Seafoamed my car on Sun. so that might help hopefully.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X