Spark plug wire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark plug wire question

I am looking at getting some NGK spark plug wires for my swap but my question is are all usdm h23 ludes externally coiled? And are these what I am looking for? so they should come with five wires total right?
    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Say you have an h23a1. Most manufactureres should know. If its a USDM H23A1 from the preludes then yes it is externally coiled.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

kk I just wanted to make sure I think I read somewhere that all usdms are externally coiled mostly and the jdms are not so I wanted to just double check.
      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Every prelude from 88 thru end of production had an external coil.
        The H23A1 was not (to my knowlege) sold outside of North America, so you don't really have to say USDM when you specify the "A1" part.

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
          Every prelude from 88 thru end of production had an external coil.
          The H23A1 was not (to my knowlege) sold outside of North America, so you don't really have to say USDM when you specify the "A1" part.
          Ya just saying because people on this site confuse F22B1 with JDM F22B. The H23a sold elsewhere was a dohc vtec unit at least the ones i have seen.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I understand. Just trying to get info out there. I keep seeing people (unfortunately mostly prelude people) list in their mods "a fresh JDM H23" then they show the engine code (h23a1) and a non-vtec engine.

That's the problem with honda... they used nearly identical engine codes for very different engines.

Comment

haha or people that dont understand jdm doesnt have that number after the the word. Its confusing especially when someones like need help with f22b and next thing you know they have a b1 which throws off your diagnosis.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
              X