H22 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 wont start

Hi everyone, this is kinda specific. I have A JDM H22 in my 92 EX, everything that I can think of is hooked up, but its not turning over. Now when I turn the key to the ACC position I dont get a CEL check, and when I go to the Start postition the brake and ABS lights go solid while I hold it on start. I can here some relays clicking somewhere, no fuel pump tho. Im gonna guess grounds. I also relocated the battery to the trunk. So I have the power and fuse box wires going straight to starter. Ground in trunk, ground on the block under dizzy, and ground on valve cover. am I missing anything? I love you guys

Nothing should come on when you turn key to ACC, except maybe your radio. Or do you mean when you turn the key to the Run position. The CEL should come on for a second, then turn off

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

yeah sorry, thats what I meant. the one before start. thanks

Comment

It really sounds like a grounding problem. You should go over every ground and use new bolts. There should be a groung on the t-stat I don't know what you mean my on the head. Also did it just start doing this one day or after you relocated you battery?
        -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

lol this dood..."i love you guys"

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

well it hasnt ran since I put the H22 in it. Im thinking the same with the grounds. I think we are talking about the same ground. Right under the dizzy, it may be screwed into the tstat or the block i dunno. ill check those tmrw. im working nights, so I have some time to mull over it.

And the I love you is added motivation to get this thing going, I really do love you guys Im not IN love with you tho anything else would be appreciated, i want this bad mofo runnin!!

Comment

Do you have a test light? You can have someone else try to start it while you test for power at the starter and around the fuses. You're battery is charged up, right? If it isn't, then it will just make a rapid clicking noise as well. Also double check that you tightened the clamps on the terminals.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

You could try making a grounding kit. I did with some 4 guage wire and heat shrink wrap and terminal from radio shack. It fixed all off my grounding problems. What do you have you battery grounded to back there?

Comment

copy that i had a starter problem with my 93 and thats what I did to fix it. ill try that. A grounding block sounds good, we just got dumped on with snow, so it may be a while before I get back out there. My battery is good, I grinded a spot under the carpet and attached the ground there. Does the ECU have a specific ground, it seems like the problem is around there cause its just not giving me any CEL or warning lights when I try and start it.

Comment

I think the main ground for the ecu is the one on the thermostat as for many others.

Comment

Hi everyone, it was nice enough today to go take a look under the hood. I checked the grounds mentioned above. I also made sure i have power to the main fuse block, and the starter. I think ill check the ECU itself next. Any other sugestions please!

Comment

I went out and messed with the ECU. I unplugged it and put in the PT6 to see if there was a diff. Nada. I had it unplugged all together, and same thing. I need to get this thing runnin!!

Comment

There is a ground on the drivers side of the car as well, check that. Make sure your battery clamps are tightened.

If you have a volt meter, check to see how much you get at the starter, and check your amperage when you turn the key.
                          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Ever think of checking the starter?

Unless it turns over but fails to start...then that would be a different issue.

:ninja edit:

What year is that motor? Because if it happens to be an OBD II motor then you need to change a few things in order to make it properly work.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

slap connectors to the starter and see if it spins
                              Your man for wiring solutions!
                              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X