H22 in, but has some bugs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 in, but has some bugs?!

First off, the car is a 92 EX Accord with an H22a4. I have a chipped p28 with a stock h22 basemap. But for some reason, my IACV won't work. I have cleaned the screen and checked all of the wiring from and to it, I even checked and the IACV is good ( i have tried two different ones). It just seems like the ECU isn't sending a signal for the IACV to work. And my car is running in limp mode(can't go past 3500rpms) so please someone shed some light!!

I also have that weird supercharger whine coming from the belts area, It may be too tight not sure though,i did the manual tensioner swap. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Asimo5767; 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM.

You probably tightened you timing belt to tight, and how ever did chipped you ecu could have f**ked it up.
    -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

the h22 has an auto tensioner i dont think you can over tighthen it. but yes the ecu could be a very propable cause.

Comment

Well, i went to my tuner friend and we figured out that I had a loose connection with my 4th injector and it was throwing my CEL on and once I fixed the connection, it runs like a champ. I was wondering though, since I have a p28, it won't work with my secondary butterflies in my intake, has anyone taken theirs out? I have heard of people doing this but i wasn't sure of the outcome.

Comment

Bump for anyone's 2 cents.

Comment

the p28 I believe can be chipped to operate your butterflies. some people use an msd rpm switch or something of that sort as well to operate them

a chipped p72 will operate them as well
            Members Ride

Comment

What about unhooking the vacuum line to the IABs and just leaving them open at all times? I know I will lose some mid range torque, but will that work without causing any engine hesitations? B/c right now my car wants to hestitate/bog down at WOT when the IABs are supposed to open until VTEC kicks in and then it wants to start jerking really bad until I let out of the throttle. What should I do, just get a p72 and leave them in and functional?
              Last edited by Asimo5767; 02-07-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

I just took of the top plenum and took all 4 butterflies out. Some people say you use low end but since I got mine tuned I never noticed a difference. If you do it don't drop any screws or you will be in for a nice treat.
                -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Thanks, for the info, I am still in the process of getting a chipped p72, so if I put it in and i still have the hesitation problem then that is what I may have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimo5767
                    What about unhooking the vacuum line to the IABs and just leaving them open at all times? I know I will lose some mid range torque, but will that work without causing any engine hesitations? B/c right now my car wants to hestitate/bog down at WOT when the IABs are supposed to open until VTEC kicks in and then it wants to start jerking really bad until I let out of the throttle. What should I do, just get a p72 and leave them in and functional?
                    the butterfly operations have nothing to do with the jerking. You have a different problem.

It's most likely the map.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I was beginning to wonder about it b/c my stock f22a6 was running off of the p28 (with f22 basemap) just fine and it has IABs just like the h22 and it never had any problems. So, can anyone suggest a good basemap or can you send me one?

Comment

whats your email?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                        X