Auto F22 to 5spd H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto F22 to 5spd H22

Im planning on doing a 5spd conversion as soon as I get enough money to buy a full H22+LSD Tranny.

I know when going from a F22 5spd to a H22 5spd you have to tap the H22 tranny and relocate the mount...

But what must you do when going from an Auto f22 to a H22 5spd?
    And I know they have the mounts for 5spd conversions but I get confused on if thats just for the F22 or not.

So what must I do to make it all work? Im ok with the tapping but the relocating the mount isn't something I want to do...

Thank you
    Derek

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
    I know when going from a F22 5spd to a H22 5spd you have to tap the H22 tranny and relocate the mount...
    Apparently you dont
    Just read up, because its obvious you havent, otherwise this thread wouldnt exist.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Actualy I have...The Auto to Manual conversion witch is stickied at the top of the Saps forum...

Althoug I am misunderstanding because of all the talk about the Auto 2 Manual onversion and so on...

If you cant answer my question thats all you had to say...but seeing as how you have over 3,000 posts i am lead to believe you have some experience and you think im a noob and dont read.I read but I misunderstood with is the reason I wrote a new thread....

So can someone please answer my question?

Thank you

Comment

all the talk about auto to manual is what you need to be reading.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

You have three options.
          Prelude mount- no tapping the tranny required, but misaligns the motor by just a little, requiring a 3/8in shim on the driver side. Some people dont have problems, others (I) did..to the tune of 5 axles (cv joint kept popping).
          Cut and weld- have to cut off the auto tranny bracket and weld in a manual bracket so you can use the stock Accord mount, but you have to drill and tap the Prelude trans.
          ESP mount kit- best option, but a little expensive. No drilling or tapping required if using a Prelude trans, but an Accord trans would need to be drilled and tapped. AND you end up with solid (70a urethane, I believe) mounts in the sides and rear.

Someone sticky this or copy what I just said into one of the stickied threads so people can stop asking
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Thank You....That should deffinately be stickied-very well put.

I guess this is were I was getting lost, I keep thinking that the manual and auto body mounts are in different places.SO I was thinking I might not have to move the mount or anything.

So I could buy the ESP kit and put it onto a Prelude H22 transmission(no taping) and it will boult right up?

Comment

Yes. And yes, the auto and manual trans mount brackets ARE in different places.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
                Yes. And yes, the auto and manual trans mount brackets ARE in different places.
                So ESP has different mounts for taking an Auto F22 tranny to a Prelude H22 Tranny?

Comment

Im not entirely sure. I think its specified in the ESP section here. At the very least, you can email and ask them.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

ESP has 3 sets of mounts. But searching should have netted you that answer. Its been discussed in quite a bit of threads on this kit.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                      So ESP has different mounts for taking an Auto F22 tranny to a Prelude H22 Tranny?
                      yes, thats what i have, they fit perfectly
                      FA1

Comment

Working...
                      X