Whys nobody....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whys nobody....

I am just about to get an accord for a DD why I turbo my Ka in my s14 and I've been doing some reading and wonder if you could take the block from the F22b JDM DOHC and use a h22a head and maybe even crank?? and build a hybrid h22 use H22 everthing but f22b block that wat get around sleeving the h22 block for a turbo app??
    2004 Audi A4 Quattro 6 speed
    2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
    1995 SE 240sx 5 speed Ka-T re under construction
    1991 240sx current paper weight for sale
    Have a 240sx Q ask me
    Sorry I just think body kits are ***.
    Still lurking around......

whys nobody?

go for it and get a dyno sheet

Comment

If it was that simple, there would be a lot of those setups, wouldnt there?

(its not)
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

I was just wondering cuz i see guys doing the h22 heads on f blocks everything seems to be pretty swappable so... instead of dropping how much for a sleeved h22 block? use the iron sleeved f22b block and h22 guts and head. Could/would it work any info on anything like this?? i know the aftermarket sleeved block would be stronger but like i said just an idea i searched a few sites no info so i asked jezz..
        Last edited by Charlie240sxt; 01-06-2008, 05:21 AM.
        2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
        Have a 240sx Q ask me

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie240sxt
          I was just wondering cuz i see guys doing the h22 heads on f blocks everything seems to be pretty swappable so... instead of dropping how much for a sleeved h22 block? use the iron sleeved f22b block and h22 guts and head. Could/would it work any info on anything like this?? i know the aftermarket sleeved block would be stronger but like i said just an idea i searched a few sites no info so i asked jezz..
          this swap may take a lot of time and planning. it sounds like a good idea. go for it.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

I dont even have an accord anymore...looking at buying anther one but having a killer time finding one. ether gone by the time i get there or bullshit about selling it like this black 94ex i was looking at all week guy backs out at the last sec before i get the title
            2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
            Have a 240sx Q ask me

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie240sxt
              I dont even have an accord anymore...looking at buying anther one but having a killer time finding one. ether gone by the time i get there or bullshit about selling it like this black 94ex i was looking at all week guy backs out at the last sec before i get the title
              that sucks, goodluck.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

ITs been done somewhat. Its called a G swap. G22 or G23 depending on block.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Im underthe impression that an f22ax and the F22B DOHC bottom ends are the same... I know the F22/23bx vtec block has been done with an H22 head, but i dont think its been done with a bottom end that doesnt have a vtak head... I think its cause its more complicated to match up.

Comment

i thought the f22b had the same block as any f block?? just a h23 head basicly so why not the h22 head. then youd have iron sleeves
                    2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
                    Have a 240sx Q ask me

Comment

on my race motor, im planning on sealing up the entire upper end via block guard and weld in all the holes and then lay my HG out and them drill my oil and coolant passages.

the reason to do this...less flex int he upper end.

on the bottom, we already run a girdle.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I think H22 rods are shorter...
                        Your man for wiring solutions!
                        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

There's really no point to it. A turbo F22A or F22B DOHC would be just as potent. The H22 head really only shines for NA (and the F22A, when modified properly, can actually compete)

Comment

my question is why you would turbo your dd? I don't even get to hit vtec more than like 2 times on my way to work every day. it seems like overkill since you could just hop in your 240 for the turbo kick

I would say get a cb7, do a na h22a swap with a lsd and, in my opinion, you would have the ultimate dd

but it sounds like a cool idea so post some pics if it happens
                            My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                              I THINKK BUISI STAYS THAT THE F22 HEAD IS BETTER IN na AND THE H22 IS BETTER FOR TURBO. sOMETHING ABOUT HOW THE VALVES ARE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

all h22 heads aren't the same, the main difference being the valves/seat angles

also, twin cam heads have an advantage on single cam heads when it comes to breathing.

some folks' quality of life depends on how many single cam head parts are sold as well

there is no general consensus when it comes to turbos and the type of head to get the most out of the setup. depending on the motor, things can vary greatly. some setups may flow better but may not dissipate heat as well. it's not about how cool it is or how much air is getting crammed in, it's about EVERYTHING.

with an NA setup, the problem is basically just how much air you can get into the CC. a lot easier to address.

Comment

Working...
                              X