will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this work?

first post here, so dont kill me...also, tried searching and didnt find anything too useful or i overlooked it

picking up a 91 accord lx coupe, supposedly has a blown headgasket, 181,xxx on the engine...for the whopping price of only $350, now onto the questions

there is a someone selling a f22a6 in the classifieds close to where i live

will the a6 drop into my accord problem free? what all with i need other than the longblock?

can i reuse these parts:

you will need a header, fuel rail, EGR valve, TPS sensor, and wiring harness
    from the old engine?

thanks
    -Joe
    Last edited by gots_a_sol; 07-29-2004, 04:52 AM.
    95 del Sol VTEC-T, turbocharged for increased acceleration

91 accord lx coupe, blown headgasket for decreased acceleration

See if this helps...

and this

Swap FAQ

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

looked over both those links before posting for a little while, the first one doesnt mention anything about this swap(unless im blind) and didnt really find anything on the second link that helped

did some searching on HT and it seems as though its a direct drop in with the right accesories/manifolds

will the a1 ecu run the a6 engine right or should i look for a different ecu as well?
      Last edited by gots_a_sol; 07-29-2004, 03:12 AM.

Comment

well slow904door has an A6 in his 91, it was a junkyard engine that was put in the car before he bought it... I'm pretty positive he's still got the a1/a4 ECU cause his car hits governer at the same speed as mine (I have an A1), and the A6 ecu (aka the EX model ECU) does not have a governer.
        OS^e
        1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

thanks for the quick responses

still need to know if i can reuse these parts from the old engine on the a6

you will need a header, fuel rail, EGR valve, TPS sensor, and wiring harness

Comment

The header on the A1 is not as good as the A6. Also, the O2 sensor for the A1 is on the header near the radiator and the O2 sensor on the A6 is just before the cat.

As far as fuel rail, EGR valve and TPS... I know right now there are a few guys selling either F22A6 or H23A1 intake manifolds complete on CB7Tuner. Either of those will work just fine. I believe as far as the TPS goes, you may need to match it with an auto our manual tranny. Don't quote me though.

Wiring harness, probably can reuse the one you have.

Header, either grab an aftermarket jobby or a used EX/SE one for the A6. Make sure the O2 sensor is near the cat.

Manifold, grab a used A6 or H23 (clean the TB, EGR ports too), about $50-$75.

I suggest getting the A6 ECU also, somebody's got to have one for sale...
            Bart: What's your name?
            Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

I currently have an Auto and Manual A6 ECU for sale.
              Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
              *RIP*
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
              JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
              I love it when VTEC kicks in!
              vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

turns out the engine is kinda further away than id like to drive to pick it up...

i suppose ill hit up junkyards around here and see what i can turn up for a f22a1, though i wouldnt mind finding an h22/23 for it

Comment

Who's A6 was it? Steve's? (accordtunerx)

Anyway, to get the full benefit of the A6 you'll need the header, intake manifold, and ECU... Those are the main parts that make it better than the A1 and A4.

If you go the H22 route, it really is worth it. If you shop smart (and get lucky) you can have one for $1200 or less. Adding 75hp for $1200, or even $2400 like I paid, is a good deal!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Who's A6 was it? Steve's? (accordtunerx)
                    yes it was...id pick it up but its about a 3 hour drive each way to get it

Comment

Working...
                    X