straight pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

straight pipe

ok what kind of test pipe do i buy for my 91 accord with a jdm h22a, and it does have the jdm h22a downpipe,,,,please help me out,,,
    -95 JDM H22 LSD-
    -HYTECH Header-
    -Skunk2 IM-

either will fit. i have an accord cat, and it works... so i would assume the length and bolt pattern are the same for either.

Comment

you can save yourself some money and take your cat out and hollow it out. i did that before i had a my test pipe made. take your resinator out too, because once the cat is gone you will blow out the resinator soon after.

247.2whp JDM H22A w/75shot and few other bolt ons lol
      281.6whp w/100hp wet shot and 110 octane race fuel

Comment

i have a greddy evo cat i did gut my cat, and it feels like i lost power,,,,,,, think about it the cat is bigger in diameter than a regular pipe so when the exhaust gases travel into it they get caught up in the mass creating a internal swirling effect resulting in less power and unneccesary exhauist backup.... i could be wrong but im a certified mechanic
        -95 JDM H22 LSD-
        -HYTECH Header-
        -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDOM
          i have a greddy evo cat i did gut my cat, and it feels like i lost power,,,,,,, think about it the cat is bigger in diameter than a regular pipe so when the exhaust gases travel into it they get caught up in the mass creating a internal swirling effect resulting in less power and unneccesary exhauist backup.... i could be wrong but im a certified mechanic

Yup, gutting the cat is the dumbest thing you can do... and paying for a straight pipe or a "racing cat" for our cars is a waste of money. Honda cats are designed pretty well, so they offer very little restriction. A "racing cat" or straight pipe MIGHT give you 2hp, probably up high. A hollow cat will decrease the velocity and increase the turbulance of the exhaust flow. Both of these effects will cause a loss.
          Keep the cat in there. Don't completely pollute the world... If you want an upgrade (if you don't already have it) get the proper sized piping for your engine... Mandrel bent. End it with a nice straight-through, perforated core muffler.

Comment

ya and i hear dat cuting out your cat is very bad for your health because the stuff in it is cancerious i dunno if its but it makes sense if u think about it and i am not in a rush to die for less power

Comment

Working...
            X