Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bought a engine from Raceup in Miami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bought a engine from Raceup in Miami?

Hi guys, I am thinking about getting a H22a for my 1992 Honda Accord LX, I was on ebay and found this engine, which is a H22a with auto tranny for $1799.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2434945531

Has anyone bought an engine for Ricky's Auto Center (Raceup) in Miami, Florida? Any experience dealing with them? They seem to be getting good feedback from everyone, and seem to have a lot of JDM engines. Since this is would be my first ebay purchase, and since it is a major purchase, I want to do as much research as possible before buying it.

Living out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean (Honolulu, HI), my choices of getting stuff is limited, and most local places charge a whole lot more. They said they would ship it to Honolulu for $450, and it takes about 2 weeks, which is more than acceptable. What do you guys think? Thanks.
    1992 Honda Accord LX 2DR Auto

I've been there in person but never bought anything from there because they don't want to negotiate their prices at all and there are to many importers in Miami that will. So I bought my engine from Pro-Link Japan.

They are a good retailer and have been around for a very long time. I don't think you have anything to worry about in regards to them sending you your engine or getting ripped off or anything. I don't know how they purchase their engines though. I would make sure you have a warranty and if so that it begins the day the engine arrives at it's destination not the day the engine is paid for.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Thanks for the info BustedLX. I will check to make sure about the warrenty.
      1992 Honda Accord LX 2DR Auto

Comment

hey bustedlx, do you know if they have a web address? your motor came with the harness complet to the ecu didnt it? i thought that was a cool deal for them to take the time to pull all that out

Comment

Originally posted by h22wagon
          hey bustedlx, do you know if they have a web address? your motor came with the harness complet to the ecu didnt it? i thought that was a cool deal for them to take the time to pull all that out
          I have the phone number. It's 954-894-0235 ask for Brian. Tell him Jose Eric's friend with the H22A Accord reffered you.

Yeah my engine came with the complete harness. Not all of them had it but some did. It just depends on how the weather was the day they where removing the engine I guess.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Working...
          X