Warning to those who've done, are doing or plan on doing a 5spd conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit
    I still think it is your mounting location.
    AFTER the ESP mounts?
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
      AFTER the ESP mounts?

Well I wouldn't think so, but maybe you should measure hard points to make sure.

Also, perhaps over time the retaining clip is bad, or the collar in the tranny got worn out, and it is no longer holding the clip. Technically, those retaining clips are supposed to be replaced once the axle comes out. I know you used a new axle, but there must be something else wrong. Too many other people have cars with no problems.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

but if u already have a 5spd cb7 and u swap to a h22 and 5spd tranny u will be ok ryt...this is only for autos who swap to 5spd ?

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
        disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21
          but if u already have a 5spd cb7 and u swap to a h22 and 5spd tranny u will be ok ryt...this is only for autos who swap to 5spd ?
          thats what it sounds like so far.

so have we come to the conclusion that for auto --> 5 spd, the ESP mount is the best bet?

Comment

What you need to do instead is cut off the tranny mount bracket from a 5spd car, preferably from a junkyard, because I cant see anyone willingly giving up theirs.
            I cutted mine out from the AT and welded it in the right place to fit the MT. It's an option but a lot of work because when you cut the AT one you'll have to bend it in it's original position. If not, the tranny mount won't fit

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
            My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe

so have we come to the conclusion that for auto --> 5 spd, the ESP mount is the best bet?
              If you dont feel like cutting and welding yes.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                If you dont feel like cutting and welding yes.
                You're right

But I couldn't wait to get them out of the US

Greetz Erwin
                My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe

It should be, but then again TexasVTAK is still having issues, even after switching to the ESP mount, while others are using regular mounts with no issues.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    It should be, but then again TexasVTAK is still having issues, even after switching to the ESP mount, while others are using regular mounts with no issues.
                    Possible front end collision maybe?
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials
                      I cutted mine out from the AT and welded it in the right place to fit the MT. It's an option but a lot of work because when you cut the AT one you'll have to bend it in it's original position. If not, the tranny mount won't fit
                      Some pics of it:

Greetz Erwin
                      My last ride

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                        Possible front end collision maybe?
                        Only one little 10mph fender bender (hood bender in my case, hence the primered hood I have now) when my tires skidded on oil soaked roads in drizzly weather. Nothings really out of alignment.

Although this morning I found myself at full lock going left with just a tiny bit of gas pedal and all is still well, so who knows. I could have just put too much power through the axle at the worst possible time or I could just be wrong about all of it
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

tires are 215/40/17 i can barely get my finger between the tire and fender. i have tein ss coilovers i think i can adjust the front down to a lil over 3 inches but that tucking the tire some on my car anyways....nope sure if that will help figure out the problem

Odd. I wonder if its really 2.5" What kind of finger gap do you have in the front and what size wheels/tires? Ive got about a 1.5 finger gap up front with 205/60 15s.

Comment

this is all very interesting. but myself did the conversion in may (5th gen mount and spacers) and im lowered on TEIN S-techs w/GR2s (well not currently) but i havent noticed any symptoms as described.....
                            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

so this only applies to people who have the F-series engine/tranny or to the H-series people too?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                                so this only applies to people who have the F-series engine/tranny or to the H-series people too?
                                All of them. The physical dimensions of the block are the same.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                                X