No announcement yet.

Project: butt dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its cranking too fast, Its not building any compression.

And if you do take the head off, turn it upside down and fill the CC with either windex or windsheild washer fluid. Then look into the ports to see if its leaking through the valves.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
      Its cranking too fast, Its not building any compression.

And if you do take the head off, turn it upside down and fill the CC with either windex or windsheild washer fluid. Then look into the ports to see if its leaking through the valves.
      old school way I like that

Comment

ok ill have to try that but i went ahead and took out the 2 intake valves from #1 cylinder and there was a white dried bubbly film around the valve seat but once i get em put back in ill try that

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

any news??

Comment

no im not home I have to wait till thursday night before I can do the test, I'm staying at my parents store till thursday to save on gas, or I would be home right now, but im gonna take half of my day off on thursday cause i'm going to pick up my suby from the body shop then i'll go home and do the test, and if it turns out to be the valves which I hope it is then i'll be selling em lol, oh also when i was setting up the cams i turned the crank my hand and herd air, it was faint but i'm guessing thats cause the rings havent set in yet
            Last edited by almostJDM; 06-30-2008, 11:35 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
              no im not home I have to wait till thursday night before I can do the test, I'm staying at my parents store till thursday to save on gas, or I would be home right now, but im gonna take half of my day off on thursday cause i'm going to pick up my suby from the body shop then i'll go home and do the test, and if it turns out to be the valves which I hope it is then i'll be selling em lol, oh also when i was setting up the cams i turned the crank my hand and herd air, it was faint but i'm guessing thats cause the rings havent set in yet
              What exactly did you do to the engine? I know you put in the JUN stuff but what about machine work?

Did you get the head milled? If its not milled you could have a possibility of warped head.

Comment

What exactly did you do to the engine? I know you put in the JUN stuff but what about machine work?

Did you get the head milled? If its not milled you could have a possibility of warped head.
                no the jun stuff is not in, I'm waiting for the cams when ever i orer em, and i got the head milled .020 and the block honed.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

New headgasket? If the block was honed did they happen to deck it also?

Put a straight edge on there and see if the block is straight.

Comment

New headgasket? If the block was honed did they happen to deck it also?

Put a straight edge on there and see if the block is straight.
                    yea they decked it also and i got a new head gasket, i checked to make sure it was strait, b4 i paid em

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

One more thing, The dowel pins, Did you shave down them? They could hang up the head if the block and head has been milled and they are the same height.

Comment

no i didnt and from what i saw it sat all the way on, but ill double check when i get home thrusday, im gonna take half a day off to go get my suby so ill check then, and im gonna stop by the honda dealership to see if i can get a few keys so i can install my jun cam gears

thanks for the help i hope it is one of those things and not the piston rings
                        Last edited by almostJDM; 07-01-2008, 10:39 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread

Comment

If the rings have not been seated yet you still would have some compression atleast.

Comment

If the rings have not been seated yet you still would have some compression atleast.
                            yea

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread

Comment

sounds like when my timing belt snapped. Just spins.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ok guys i did the test that bruno said to do and its not the valves, also poured some windex in the cylinders, and they arnt leaking either. wtf, i used the female end of an extension to tap the valves seals again to make sure they wer on all they way, and the dowels done need to be shaved, but i found out that where the timing belts mount mounts has a piece thats cracked clean through its like 1/2"x 1/2" triangle and goes about 3/4" down, its squeezed in there so i dont think itll be comming out, but just in case im gonna get some jb weld to fix it, it more then likly happened on install we accidently dropped that mount in the mounting spot, so im gonna fix that, any other ideas as when could cause my problem?
                                Last edited by almostJDM; 07-04-2008, 12:52 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                                My FS Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X