Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with wires after 5-speed con.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with wires after 5-speed con.

What have you guys done with the extra wires from the auto trans when swapping in the 5-speed?
    I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Leave em.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by riceraccord
      What have you guys done with the extra wires from the auto trans when swapping in the 5-speed?

Do you have pics of the swap?

I'm doing mine right now

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Would it cause any problems if I got rid of them to clean up the harness?

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials
          Do you have pics of the swap?

I'm doing mine right now
          No pics yet I have not begun the swap yet. Just seeing what other people have done with theirs.

Comment

When I did my 5-speed swap I just ended up leaving them but wire tied them under the valve cover so they couldn't be seen. You can do away with them if you want. It's not going to hurt anything.

Never underestimate a 4-door Accord

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfiend92lx
              When I did my 5-speed swap I just ended up leaving them but wire tied them under the valve cover so they couldn't be seen.

yikes wired tied them under the valve cover??? that might cause a noisey valvetrain! LOL

anyways i actually started to pull them out of the wire harness and then re-tape it up, but that actually took too damn long so i cut the other auto trans plugs and then re-taped the harness. i do have the TCU plugs still under dash.
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Cut them off under the hood, leave them under the dash. Don't cut the reverse wires too short you have to reuse them, just cut the plug off the end.
                MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Mine were chopped off.... There's no use for them unless you plan on converting back.

Comment

Working...
                  X