h22 weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 weight?

I kinda looked around on here and i havent seen anything on the weight of an H22 compared to an f22. I am going to be swapping in an H and i was just curious to see how much more the H weighs than the F. in my last car(eg civic coupe) i considered the H22 swap but when i heard the storys about the H weighing 80 somthing lbs more than the B series motors i kinda steered away from it. But what my question boils down to is... will any serious suspension upgrades be needed?and will the handling still be about the same?
    90 accord ex

As far as driving goes, there isn't much of a difference. The H22 supposedly weighs only a little more than the F22 (like 15lbs or something) The B series motors ARE much lighter than the H22, but I don't think the F is.
    I looked for it a while back, and I couldn't come up with anything definite. Still, I rode with stock suspension and brakes for almost a year, and it was fine. Upgrading brakes is always a good idea though!

Comment

Didnt the hseries weight 75lbs heavier than the b series thats all i heard thats not a major diff.

Comment

The wieght difference when swapping the H series into the Accord is nothing to be concerned about. It's so close to the wieght of the OE engine that is makes little to no difference.

Remember the 4G Ludes also came with an F22A1 in the Model S Prelude.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Didnt the hseries weight 75lbs heavier than the b series thats all i heard thats not a major diff.
          it is a major diff when you have 80 extra lbs sitting on front suspension. an h series engine in a civic is like havin a fat kid sittin on your hood when your tryin to corner but its a beast in straight line races. i didnt figure it was much of a diff in weight cuz the H is pretty much a DOHC f22. except for H's are crazy powerful
          90 accord ex

Comment

All you hatches really need is a little front suspension tuning thats all. People always make it seem a lot worse than it it really is. I have a video from superhonda with an h22 civic whooping everybodys asses on the track in turns and shit.

Comment

thats very true there are several h22 civics that kick ass but for a low budget build up its not worth the effort. i know I cant afford a 500 dollar hasport mount kit and all the suspension stuff to get the car handling right. I like the vid of the civic taking everybody on the track...i've seen that vid on superhonda i'm a member, my name on there is HBracer.
              90 accord ex

Comment

Throw the very best adjustible suspension on a Civic, and it can handle the weight. Especially if the driver knows the car. Still, on your average Civic, you won't have that. The Accord handles the weight very well in stock form. I hardly noticed the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Throw the very best adjustible suspension on a Civic, and it can handle the weight. Especially if the driver knows the car. Still, on your average Civic, you won't have that. The Accord handles the weight very well in stock form. I hardly noticed the difference.
                  You've never taken that stock-suspended accord through the twisties, or a track? It'll handle like garbage. An accord with a stock F22 motor would run circles around your H if it had decent suspension upgrades & tires. I'm not saying u gotta have a full setup, but if you add weight, you gotta compensate. At least get a strut bar & sticky low-pros or somethin.

Comment

which reminds me I still gotta do mine but my setup is mild i wanna make it mild

Comment

The H22 weighs around 490lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
                        The H22 weighs around 490lbs.
                        that has to be with the tranny and all fluids...

My F20A longblock weighed in a little under 300lbs...according to the freight company that shipped it...
                        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by yofmatt
                          if you add weight, you gotta compensate
                          WOW......what a great line...

With my first accord's stock suspension and my H22a...my car drove a little rough when cornering. With my new Accord, I have kyb agx ajustables and lowering springs (not coilovers). After I finish my H22a swap (in progress), I will test out the corners.
                          Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
                          *RIP*
                          1993 Accord EX Coupe
                          1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                          1993 Accord EX Coupe
                          Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
                          JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
                          I love it when VTEC kicks in!
                          vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

Originally posted by Importkitz
                            With my first accord's stock suspension and my H22a...my car drove a little rough when cornering. With my new Accord, I have kyb agx ajustables and lowering springs (not coilovers). After I finish my H22a swap (in progress), I will test out the corners.

I have AGXs and H&R lowering springs (1.7" drop, roughly). The handling is much improved with that. I rarely feel front-heavy when cornering. Now all I need are some good tires!

Comment

our cars are some of the best cars in handling in corners if u have lowered the car. tha is what i have heard off of some chinese guys here in philly who own civic accord s2000 and prelude. they say they like the 4th gen accord over the 4th gen accord when it comes to handeling in turns. hopefully they take me with them on the next trip to the auto cross place.
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                              X