K24 rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K24 rumor

Yeah...my cuz and my bud mentioned that they read online on somthing like Hondatuning.com that someone swapped a K24 into a CD accord...I said.."K24 from the TSX?!?...they (friend and cuz) said yeah...it had a list of all the things needed to be able to work such as ECU, motor mounts, a few things welded here and there, and etc etc.. IF this is to be true im straight up going for the K24! ...although so far this is only a rumor. it better be true!

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Originally posted by Djmoua
    Yeah...my cuz and my bud mentioned that they read online on somthing like Hondatuning.com that someone swapped a K24 into a CD accord...I said.."K24 from the TSX?!?...they (friend and cuz) said yeah...it had a list of all the things needed to be able to work such as ECU, motor mounts, a few things welded here and there, and etc etc.. IF this is to be true im straight up going for the K24! ...although so far this is only a rumor. it better be true!
    theres alot more work involved that you mentioned, you can try it, it should work, it will just be a real pita
    wat?

Comment

hasport did the swap, there is a thread somewhere here. im gonna use the search button and i'll will post up the link if i find it

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

here ya go, my buddy the search button gave me this to give to you

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...a_accord-swap/

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
          here ya go, my buddy the search button gave me this to give to you

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...a_accord-swap/

-sean
          HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Your buddy is quite a good friend indeed!

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

and yeah...let me make it clear just in case too..the K24 is supposedly the K24a2 as mentioned on buddy, Sean's link i think tahaha thanks btw.
            if the k24a2 isn't mentioned on there...the k24a1 is on that link..but yeah im gonna go for the a2!

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

no problem

p.s. i just posted that because of its source of pictures and info. im sure there has been variants of this swap in the CD accord but hasport was the first, in the US at least

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Can I ask why? With all that fab work you could research the J series. Sooo much more their for our cars.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                  Can I ask why? With all that fab work you could research the J series. Sooo much more their for our cars.
                  or even a boosted H22 for the price of a K24 swap
                  Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                  Had One Never Did Again

Comment

The K series is unique for our cars, but it's not really better. As said above, you could do a lot more with the motors that bolt right in for the money. Honestly, same with the J series. They'd be cool for what they are... but if you want 500+ hp, you can make that just as easily with the F22 or H22 and a good turbo! HAVING the K or J would be the only reasonable goal. They aren't necessarily better than our current options (well, they ARE... but the limits of our current options, at least with turbo, are well beyond what we would need on the street!)

Comment

K series are poop.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The K series is very potent. The heads flow extremely well, they come in a 2.4L flavor (yay displacement! funny how we freak over .1L ), they're new, there are interchangeable parts between most 4 cylinder Hondas now, and the aftermarket is huge and only getting bigger.

The downside... nothing is cheap, and nothing is easy.

Comment

stock valve train also likes to fuck you over.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            The K series is unique for our cars, but it's not really better. As said above, you could do a lot more with the motors that bolt right in for the money. Honestly, same with the J series. They'd be cool for what they are... but if you want 500+ hp, you can make that just as easily with the F22 or H22 and a good turbo! HAVING the K or J would be the only reasonable goal. They aren't necessarily better than our current options (well, they ARE... but the limits of our current options, at least with turbo, are well beyond what we would need on the street!)
                            Couldn't have said it better myself.
                            Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Guess what happened here

63k miles, driving around normally. Honda serviced at correct increments, auto trans.

shit happens for no reason.

btw, the retainer broke in half. This specific issue isn't that big of a deal, but it still shouldn't be happening, especially for such a hyped up i-v-tech.

K series break easily for some reason. Skunk2 has blown quite a few already at the track.

The only thing k series have going is the excellent head flow.

With some work from an intelligent person, an h22 head will outflow the k heads. And it will be cheaper, and you'll have more power.

K series transmissions suck too.

Comment

Working...
                              X