H22 Distributor Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Distributor Dilemma

Ok so I did my JDM h22 swap in the spring, and had a problem getting no spark out of the JDM H22 Distributor (Internal coil with fuse jumper in the harness for the external coil, like it's supposed to be). So instead of adding the wire to the harness, and removing the internal coil, I swapped the internals of the f22 distributor into the prelude distributor. I swapped the whole shaft, with ignitor and the pickup, and the f22 harness. I put it all together and it worked fine, with External coil.

Only problem i noticed is that i leak oil out of the seal where the dizzy goes into the head. I replaced the o-ring but it didn't help. So I'm looking for a solution, and was thinking about just replacing the whole distributor with an OEM USDM Prelude one. Is that an option?

If so, which will fit, only OBD1 92-95 Prelude VTEC distributor?

And are the accord internals maybe making the oil leak, maybe a different sized bearing?

Anyone's advice is appreciated!
    The CB7 Timeline

just get a USDM H23/H22 OBD1 distributor...... problem solved. the H22 93-95 VTEC uses the same part number as the H23 dizzy.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

and next question, besides ebay etc, is there anywhere special to get this distributor at a good discount.

i found this one on ebay
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-O...spagenameZWDVW

supposed to be brand new, and it claims that the ignitor will withstand 100º over OEM which would be nice, i'm sick of blowing ignitors.

only $150, seems like a good deal to me...
      The CB7 Timeline

Comment

That's an alright price but there are plenty of used ones out there for a lot cheaper. Check the for sale section of this forum because there's one or two on there from time to time too.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.c...ey=&userPage=8

go all the way down to the one for 95 bucks.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Can't go wrong with Distributor King.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
            X