B16c5????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B16c5????

k, so i can get a b18c5 for $500 in sweet condition. 121,000 kms on it. so could i swap it into my cb7? i am not really worried about having the fast cb7 out there, i just want something rare. so tell me what you all think!

p.s. yes i did think about selling it and getting an h22 and thats what i will do if you all say it is dumb.
    Last edited by 4bangin'; 07-05-2004, 01:17 PM.
    COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

no, it's not stolen. one of my friends got in an accident in his integra and the engine was not damaged but the car is a write-off. So he bought the car back to part out and he said he would give it to me for $500. he doesn't really care about money because his dad is the CEO of a life insurance company and he just plays with daddies money.

can you tell me the reasons not to do it?
    COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Comment

reasons not to: torque, wiring, mounts.

reasons to: it would be cool, dunno if its been done before (probly, but not often), its cheap as hell.

reasons you should change the title of this thread: it says b16c5

i vote: do it!
      MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
      i pulled over and looked under the hood.
      the engine was still there...
      ...silly light!

Comment

i figured about the torque, but i am not really building it to be fast, just different i think. so i got the engine and i found a shop that says they will get the engine in there but they said that they won't do the wiring.. never having swapped an engine before how had do you think the wiring will be? some guys have already told me it's easy and other have told me super super hard...
        COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Comment

It would be like any OBD2 engine into an OBD1 car.

Honestly though a B series engine into a 3000lbs. car isn't going to make you different but stupid. It's going to be slower then your accord is with the F-Series.

If your friend is dumb enough to sell yo ua Type-R engine and transmission for $500 take advantage of his foolishness and sell the engine to someone else for it's market value. Shit even if you hook someone up and sell them the engine for $3500 they still got a great deal and you made $3000 rather then dump an assload of money to have some people drop a B-Series into a CB7 (which I can see it now already, It's going to be all fucked up) and then all that wasted time in wiring. It's just plain stupid.

Either that or sell your CB7 and by an EG. Throw your Type-R in that.
          My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Well I guess that settles that. i love my accord to much to give it up for something other than an s2000 so i suppose i will be selling it. Do you think i could sell it for enough to get an H22 and turbo it? And how much would you recomend putting the B18 up for?

thanks, sorry to sound like a moron on here. But i guess you have to start learning somewhere.
            COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Comment

u can do that but it depends custom yes kit no and u get what you pay for. Sell the b-series get the h with the torque. I love it when a plan comes together listen to us we know. But as for the h series motor youd probably get a used kit and then the hmotor or you can get a h -series in have it built before you swap it in just make sure its a reputable shop that knows their shit.

Comment

i agree with, i think, everyone else. sell it and buy a h22. but if youre stuck on turbo you can always get a h23 for cheaper and it already has lower cr. its possible and totally do-able, but i personally would never boost a h22 on stock parts. turbo is a waste if youre only going 5+lbs. i would want to build the bottom so i could boost high and make some real numbers. but 'f' all that, n/a for life!!!

Comment

welll the engine sold in 11 mins for $4500 cdn. yeah, i don't think i will be boosting it. i am buying and h22 and i am going to slowly rebuild it. now i just have to read all i can on here about what the best way to go about the rebuild is. if you can give my some links about the best stuff to read that would be awesome.
                  Last edited by 4bangin'; 07-06-2004, 12:49 PM.
                  COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Comment

wish i had seen this before you sold the motor. Yea the b18 doesn't have the torque the h or f series does, but reguardless b18 or b16 pretty much are claimed to be unbeatable on the street in civics anyway. Its thier lack of torque which makes them great for the street and what you end up having for a power to weight ratio. Because the motor makes its power up top and makes low torque its optimal for the street. Went through a long discussion with jeff from importbuilders.com about the pros and cons of h and b series. And of course we all know h and f series have oiling issues, just pic of a haynes manual and you can see that. But i reccomend talking to jeff at importbuilders.com about a good build for what your trying to get out of the setup. Good luck homie
                    Previous cb7members ride thread
                    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

wow back from the dead

Comment

i wish he would have done this swap, save me some research hahaha. deal fell through with my dc2 shell so i'm thinkin I'll probably pick up another cb7 and put the setup in that. just have to figure out the tranny situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                          wish i had seen this before you sold the motor. Yea the b18 doesn't have the torque the h or f series does, but reguardless b18 or b16 pretty much are claimed to be unbeatable on the street in civics anyway. Its thier lack of torque which makes them great for the street and what you end up having for a power to weight ratio. Because the motor makes its power up top and makes low torque its optimal for the street. Went through a long discussion with jeff from importbuilders.com about the pros and cons of h and b series. And of course we all know h and f series have oiling issues, just pic of a haynes manual and you can see that. But i reccomend talking to jeff at importbuilders.com about a good build for what your trying to get out of the setup. Good luck homie
                          A couple of things - He sold this motor before you were even a member on the site. You brought this one back from over 4 years ago.

It seems to me that having better torque would be optimal for the street. How often are you driving the street at the top of your powerband? I rarely break 3.5k on the street, so having all my power up top makes no sense.

And oiling issues on the H and F series? This is news to me, I don't know it all, but I am willing to learn, can you point me towards some more info on it?
                          Last edited by visualpoet; 10-19-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe View Post
                            wow back from the dead
                            x2

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                              A couple of things - He sold this motor before you were even a member on the site. You brought this one back from over 4 years ago.

It seems to me that having better torque would optimal for the street. How often are you driving the street at the top of your powerband? I rarely break 3.5k on the street, so having all my power up top makes no sense.

And oiling issues on the H and F series? This is news to me, I don't know it all, but I am willing to learn, can you point me towards some more info on it?
                              wow lmao didn't even see the date on the post, don't even know how this thread came up But good topic either way. When we're talking about having a smaller with a high power band its talking about racing of course, not everyday driving. Really I don't think it would be that bad driving a cb7 with a b18, You figure theres a few of our members running f20bs' or interested etc. b18c even the gsr make 126 Ib ft. of torque. A F20B only makes 145 Ib-ft. of torque. horsepower rating as well isn't much greater even with the f20b or h22. And torque comparison between the f22 and b18 is about the same as well. The design of the b18 and b16 motor is better as well. One small but noticeable detail is honda "bandaid" our balance shafts. Heres one of my emails with jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X