No announcement yet.

.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to double check, I would use a F22A rear main seal, correct?
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

word.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I'll pump ur link.

Comment

this is by far the most help i have gotten in a while lol im planning on tossing my f22b dohc in sometime in the next month i just want to make sure all mounts and transmission swap go right also im planning on adding boost to hopefully get it to the 200 hp mark with the h22 just to be a tad bit different

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

I just did the timing belt on mine and the 95-99 gsr worked perfect.

Comment

So I got one of those weird Visitor Message thingies from Skiers Eat Beef and this is what he said.
              have an update for your JDM F22B Swap guide. I have done the leg work, and have the two different belts in front of me. The timing belt for a 88 dodge caravan 2.5L is the timing belt to use for the f22b. It is 126t 24mm round tooth. Napa Part number, 250132. It was $29 at napa. I have a few other belts you can use to cross reference this as well. Gatorback 40132 or gates T132. just thought it would help to let people know. If you need any more info, let me know.
              Just thought I'd post it up. I'm not sure if that is correct info since I don't think I've ever talked to this guy, but take it at your own risk.
              Last edited by d112crzy; 07-02-2008, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't go aftermarket or something that comes from an american car. OEM is the best personaly I would go with the f22b belt on the site joser listed less headache and hassle in the end. I got my swap done this weekend and only had issues with missing bolts and building a dizzy from the ground up with sean.
                F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Gatorback is just as reliable as the belts from Honda. Theres not much difference, if any at all.

Comment

here's a perfect website for the f22b swaps for all your belt needs... http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2tipt0ba.html
                    I SEE You, You Wanna See Me? Come look at my 90 LX

To JDM or not to JDM, that is the question

Remember K.I.S.S, No Not The Band, Keep It Simple Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by txohcb790 View Post
                      here's a perfect website for the f22b swaps for all your belt needs... http://store.autodynamics-honda.com/hopt2tipt0ba.html
                      Did you see post #81 It's the same site.
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

so the JDM F22B Dohc not related to f22b1/2 then? since most part is from the f22a? reason i'm asking is because i'm gonna do this swap on my '94 Accord EX and i'm planning to get lighten flywheel and clutch for the F22B Dohc.

Originally posted by toycar
                        Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                          Internal/External Coil Issues:
                          If you own a 90-91 accord, you have nothing to worry about. Your engine harness is wired for an internal coiled distributor. Plug everything in as it should without worrying about any wiring.

For 92-93 accords, your harness is wired for an externally coiled distributor. This creates an issue because the JDM F22B DOHC comes with an internally coiled distributor. You have a few options;

space 1. Buy an H23 distributor(USDM h22/h23 are both external coiled, but the h22 costs more for some reason).
                          im confused on this one. If my 93 is already external coil then why would i have to buy and H23/H22 one that is also external coil when mine will fit right??
                          R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                          CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                          Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

F22B distributor is internal. The F22Ax distirbutor will NOT bolt up to any H22/H23/F22B

Comment

ok ok i see what your saying now.. Oh also i just did a search for P39 ecu's and came up with a thread saying that in order to use my stock PT6 (93 EX) i would need to swap my F22Ax injectors in aswell.. is this true or can i still use the F22B injectors??
                              R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
                              CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
                              Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Comment

they're the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X