No announcement yet.

.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you have no clearance issues with the hood closed? Mine used to tap/vibrate the underside of my hood.

I also used a 40in. belt. This is interesting as it seems that everyone is having different issues with these motors.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
      And you have no clearance issues with the hood closed? Mine used to tap/vibrate the underside of my hood.

I also used a 40in. belt. This is interesting as it seems that everyone is having different issues with these motors.
      Don't know yet. The car wont be done for another couple days. Till then, I don't have a reason to close the hood. lol.
      -Big3racing.net-
      My Build Thread. Many pics.

Comment

I have the 44" on mine with no problems. And Yes, the hood does rub against the PS pump and dented the hood slightly. But still not a major issue, there is no hole in the PS line. As soon as I get time and money, I will get a new hood and the H PS pump, bracket and Line.
        My CB For Sale

Comment

did anybody have to swap intake manifolds to make this swap work?

Comment

You shouldn't. My factory harness (f22a6) plugged right up to everything. If your swapping into a non ex car, you will have to add the IAB wire. No big deal. That will be the biggest difference between your stock intake manifold and the f22b intake. (other than performance and looks).

And yes, I now have a sweet dent in my hood where the PS pump is. I guess that comes from the territory of running a f22a PS pump and bracket on an f22b.
            -Big3racing.net-
            My Build Thread. Many pics.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
              did anybody have to swap intake manifolds to make this swap work?
              Nope. As said, you shouldn't have to.

I did not.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Comment

has anyone had a problem with the downpipe clearence going past the oil pan because my oil pan isnt allowing me to bolt up the downpipe to the header and i blew out the gasket because of this?

Comment

Nope, mine bolted up fine
                  My CB For Sale

Comment

I never had an issue either.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Comment

from what i can tell its most likely where you bolt up the downpipe to the bottom of the block that might be getting in the way. because the place the you bolt the downpipe up to it doesnt line up so its unbolted from that and might be causing it to not reach.

Comment

mine didn't have clearance issues either . . .
                        F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                        My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                        Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

What header are you using?
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                            What header are you using?
                            At first I know I used the F22a1 4-1 header and downpipe, I just swiched to the F22B 4-2-1 header and downpipe still with no issues besides relocating, my O2 sensor to the downpipe. But like Father Time asked, I would like to know too
                            My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by JTEK24 View Post
                              At first I know I used the F22a1 4-1 header and downpipe, I just swiched to the F22B 4-2-1 header and downpipe still with no issues besides relocating, my O2 sensor to the downpipe. But like Father Time asked, I would like to know too
                              i am using the f22a1 megan racing 4-2-1 header and downpipe.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
                                i am using the f22a1 megan racing 4-2-1 header and downpipe.
                                I have heard that megan header+downpipe sets do have fitment issues between persay the f22a and the f22b/h23a. But I know some have bought the H23 set and worked out fine. I know it sounds weird because it should fit regardless but thats how megan products are.
                                My CB For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                X