G22 power stearing hitting hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G22 power stearing hitting hood

Has anyone whos done the G22 swap had a problem with the power steering pump hitting the hood to where you cant close it. I got mine all together and was driving it around without the hood which is fine on a sunny day but i need to be able to leave my car somewhere and not have to worry about it raining or someone stealing crap off of it
    Last edited by Chaos_CB7; 06-25-2007, 06:22 PM.
    92 Accord EX 2dr -- G22 project
    -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

I don't know what a G22 swap is, although I've heard that people who have done an H22 swap have had problems with their f22 power steering pump hitting the hood. The solution to this is to simply use the h22 pump and bracket.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
      I don't know what a G22 swap is, although I've heard that people who have done an H22 swap have had problems with their f22 power steering pump hitting the hood. The solution to this is to simply use the h22 pump and bracket.
      Thanks i did another search with h22 power steering and found some things to try.
      -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

G22?! what's that?
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

f22 block/h22 head
          -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Use an h22a power steering pump that should help you out. It happens to us h22'rs if we use the stock accord pump. The h22 pump on the other hand is a smaller profile and works better.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you just need to bang down on the power steering line going to the pump, just hammer it till it sits on the pump. you will also need a belt from another car. i forgot the part number, but i will post it up tommorow. that is if you want to keep your f22 pump. i have done this multiple times with success
              Members Ride

Comment

lol my PS pump bracket already left its mark on my hood but it was just the screw on the top of the bracket so i took that off and no more hitting

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
                  you just need to bang down on the power steering line going to the pump, just hammer it till it sits on the pump. you will also need a belt from another car. i forgot the part number, but i will post it up tommorow. that is if you want to keep your f22 pump. i have done this multiple times with success
                  You can do this too HOWEVER when I did it on mine still hit my hood lol. And yes it was sittin just mm away from the pulley lol.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

already got a belt, knocked the line down and removed the top bolts. I got it to shut but it still rubs a little on the top of the pump. It will be fine for now since i filled my mounts with urethane it doesn't move a lot. only problem i have now is that since my old trany decided to shoot parts out the back i got one from a 96 that didn't have the power steering regulator thing on the speed sensor and its leaking like crazy around where i tried to block it off
                    -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

all the times i have done it, it never hits. the belt is not from an accord. its just a random one i picked up at autozone. i will get the part number tommorow. it may be the belt you got is to long and thus its still hitting your hood. like i said i have done it multiple times with a belt and have had no hitting
                      Members Ride

Comment

well after i found out the stock size wouldnt fit i went back to autozone and the guy gave me the next 5 bigger sized and i put on the smallest size i could fit over the pully
                        -5 Speed Swap 10-10-05

Comment

Working...
                        X