jdm lsd into 91ex 5spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm lsd into 91ex 5spd

will this jdm lsd trans LSD unit fit into my stock ex trans? ill get the code off the jdm trans later today for you, got it with my car but the jdm trans is taken apart. thanks!
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

The JDM H series LSD is a larger differential then the non-LSD so the JDM LSD transmission's case is larger. The JDM LSD will not it in a USDM case. The H series is the only LSD I know of compareable to our cars, as far as I know there was no LSD for the F series other then the F20B which again is an H...
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

^ oh man i'm glad to hear/read from you again bustedlx. glad you're still around.

and yes the LSD needs a larger case. it's better that you swap over the WHOLE tranny to the f-series motor if you really want the LSD. good luck sir!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

anybody got a online chiltons for a tranny rebuild? cause I have not the first clue on where to start. and it is an F20B LSD Trans, and also what clutch kit would I need for that tranny? H22?
        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

If you go with an h22 tranny then you would have to get a clutch for that transmission. You could also get a non-lsd tranny that will fit and check to see if OBX or Quaife make an lsd adapter for that tranny.

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

does quaife make an lsd for our stock ex tranny's?

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
              If you go with an h22 tranny then you would have to get a clutch for that transmission. You could also get a non-lsd tranny that will fit and check to see if OBX or Quaife make an lsd adapter for that tranny.
              isnt the clutch the same?

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
                isnt the clutch the same?
                Yes the clutch for the h22, h23 and f22 are the same

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i need a diagram or somethin to rebuild this trans. I have all the gears together ziptied so its not a mess, I have everything but a clutch. I have a chilton but it doesnt cover rebuilding a trans. anybody, anybody?

Comment

OBX makes an LSD for an F-series transmission and I'm pretty sure Quaife does too. DutchAccord did a pretty in-depth write up on the OBX one a while back too.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

the obx lsd fits both f and h series trannies, its the same damn part. the difference between the non LSD diffs in h and F series i only the ring and pinion gear.

To rebuild a tranny get the Helm manual. Personally though if you have never done one I would pay someone else to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X