f22b1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1

hey guys im getting a 94 vtec motor for about 200 bux with everything and im wondering wat can i do for this to give me some pull on my 90 accord coupe. i have a f22a in there already but im guessing the vtec would be a good kick ?? or wat do u guys think?

a few people up here have done that swap. its not worth it. talk to Deevorgote and others. they'll tell you. those motors arent built for performance. they're more for economy. our f22a1, a4, and a6 motors have better flowing heads and you can get more HP and TQ from out motors with just simple upgrades.

with a h23 head swap and a few mods you could be pushing more HP than than the f22b1 stock. if you just need a motor for the time being then go ahead. but if your getting it for perfomance mods then it wouldnt be worth it. they have aftermarket parts out there. but plenty of people up here would tell you its not worth the hassle

Comment

alright kewl thanx guy now just need someone to sell me a h23 head lol for cheap

Comment

F22B1 = garbage

ANY headswap = project car. I would NEVER do a headswap on my only daily driver. The headswap junkies on here will defend it to the death, but the majority of them have blown at least one motor already. Sure, they may learn from their mistakes... but think about it... are YOU going to get it right the first time?

H22, H23, F22B DOHC, F20A, F20B... or if you have deep pockets and a lot of patience, K20, K24, or J32 (you'd be worshipped) The F22B1, F22B2, and F23 are pretty crap motors, and the horsepower gains aren't enough to justify the cost.

Also, the F22A has a LOT of potential. Bisi Ezerioha runs 9s with his NA carbureted F22A in an Insight. Granted, the motor is worked to no end... but it would pull a CB7 down the 1320 in about 11.3 seconds.

Comment

Don't swap over to the f22b1 I had it and it's not worth it with the money you got you could just get a h23 intake manifold, tb, and pt6 ecu and call it a day or just do the h23 headswap like deeve said yo.
          99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Actually, I said any headswap isn't a great idea if you want the car to be reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Actually, I said any headswap isn't a great idea if you want the car to be reliable.
              But any other head swap is better than the b1 head IMO. Well not any but yea.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Just get the h23 intake manifold, tb, headers, exhaust, pt6 ecu and call it a day!
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Working...
                X