200 whp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 whp?

well, when i (eventually) get the H22, my goal is to make 200 horsepower N/A to the wheels. i was just wondering what parts i would need to pull it off and the estimated cost of good quality parts.

heres what i was thinking:

- obviously i/h/e
    - cam regrind (260 or possibly 272)
    - chipped P28
    - lightweight flywheel

anything else?
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

i dont think you can regrind a vtec camshaft.. I could be wrong though but nowhere have i seen ppl talk about getting there camshaft regrinded for H22. Get a stage2/3..

Comment

you want 200whp n/a?

-chipped and tuned(GOOD TUNE) ecu
      -i/h/e
      -Skunk2 mild cams
      -cam gears

thats about all i would know to get close to or get that whp. might be more. but then again, im a f series enthusiust. lol.

Comment

Dont cheap out on the header. You can make up to 20whp if not more tuned with just the header alone depending on which company you go with.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

With the right set of bolt-ons, you could get very close.

I would recommend an actual high end header, like SMSP. These are often good for nearly 20WHP.

a full high flow exhaust system.

A true ECU tune, like Hondate tuned by someone who actually knows how to tune.

You will probably need a better IM. I am a little leary in that dept. Some have modified the stock H22 IM, some have used Skunk 2, and some have used Euro-R's.

You could also do ITB's but those are spendy and absolutely require a good tune to get them to run right.

You could also put a lightweight flywheel, and or crank pulley on there.

I think if you really planned your mods, and tried hard enough, you could 200WHP on a healthy bottom end without even adding cams.

Of course, those alone could get you to 200WHP.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i would say the same thing

good header, free flowing mandrel bent exhaust, euro-r intake mani, and a good tune

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_K
              i dont think you can regrind a vtec camshaft.. I could be wrong though but nowhere have i seen ppl talk about getting there camshaft regrinded for H22. Get a stage2/3..

delta now does vtec regrinds.

If you can't reach 200whp without cams, then you're doing something wrong.

Quality i/h/e and some tuning should yield pretty damn close to 200whp.

Exhaust is the key.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                delta now does vtec regrinds.
                holy crap.

Best news since the bisi headers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                  holy crap.

Best news since the bisi headers.
                  very tru...

Comment

delta only offers one profile for the h22 cams ....i spoke with one of the guys out there a couple of weeks ago and he said they only offer that one profile but it is a skunk2 profile (272)
                    F22A1:blew up
                    F22A1/H22:blew up
                    F22A6/H22: " "
                    F22A4/H22: " "
                    H23A1 boosted:blew up
                    H23A1:traded
                    H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                    FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

wow, thanks for all the help everyone. i also want to add that this is going to have to be over probably a couple of years. and dont worry, i only plan on getting quality parts so its going to be kinda pricey. anyone know exactly how much a build like this would cost?
                      Originally posted by deevergote.
                      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
                        wow, thanks for all the help everyone. i also want to add that this is going to have to be over probably a couple of years. and dont worry, i only plan on getting quality parts so its going to be kinda pricey. anyone know exactly how much a build like this would cost?

It is hard to say. Parts availability, pricing changes, and inflation all play a part.

If it is to happen over say 3 years, the costs will be quite different than over 10 years.

You will just have to price everything out and come up with something that you feel comfortable with.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                        X