Jdm F22b V-tec Honda Accord 1994-up Sohc Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jdm F22b V-tec Honda Accord 1994-up Sohc Engine

will it bolt up with no modifications to an auto f22a1?

JDM F22B V-TEC HONDA ACCORD 1994-UP SOHC ENGINE

https://www.tigerjapanese.com/produc...roducts_id=134

need a new engine and its cheaper than the f22a engine which is 600, the f22b is only 450, i read the swap sticky but it didnt say anything about it bolting up to an auto, thanx

It will bolt on with no modification if your still using your auto. THe modifications are wiring and slight driver mount mod. Why dont you just drop in an f22b dohc....more power than that vtec motor. Its like 700-800 shipped or something like that.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

plus your gonna be very disapointed with it just go with the dohc f22b like NAiL05 stated

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

thats a really place to buy motors FROM
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yup Hmotors is starting to get a bad rep with me cause a friend of mine bought an h22 and they gave him a free lsd but it was a crap tranny so they sent him a non lsd trany and it too was crap so now there just gonna give him a $100 refund. so now i say

TIGER JAPANESE FTW

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
          1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

lol wow Hmotors looked like a good site too, so tiger is all good right? i gave my car to my mom because she didnt like driving the pickup, and the engine is acting up and pissing oil all over itself, and my mom said shed rather just buy a diff engine, one that will save some gas? any helpful comments would b appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by borisdookie7
              lol wow Hmotors looked like a good site too, so tiger is all good right? i gave my car to my mom because she didnt like driving the pickup, and the engine is acting up and pissing oil all over itself, and my mom said shed rather just buy a diff engine, one that will save some gas? any helpful comments would b appreciated
              if your just looking for a daily driver to save gas/money then just buy an jdm f22a(they are usually pretty low mileage)....its a direct swap and they are pretty cheap..... and freshen it up before you swap it....timing belt water pump seals and a tune-up and you will be good.
              My Members Ride Thread

Comment

anything else more gas effecient?

Comment

D16 FTW!

seriously tho, the F22A is probably the simplest and best choice. The VTEC in the F22B SOHC is pretty much worthless for power and from talking to people who have them it doesn't get better gas mileage than the F22Ax's get.

And the simplicity of the F22A swap alone makes it the best choice if you're looking for economy, ease of install and reliability.

From what I've read the DOHC gets comparable mileage so I would pick that, my last choice for power or economy would be the F22B SOHC

good luck
                  1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

hmm ok then thanx lol, i miss that old gas saving, 15hp d15 motor haha

Comment

Than an f22ax? NO. Dont forget these cars weigh in at close to three thousand pounds. Not only that, they were not only designed to be economical, but COMFORTABLE. The 'Accord' is no Civic. Maybe try a twin cam jdm f22b,the engine doesnt have to work as hard to move the car... so theoretically you could get better mileage.

Comment

o yea lol, so i guess i need to get a jdm f22a, will it pass smog/inspection? or do i need a usdm one?

Comment

o yea lol, so i guess i need to get a jdm f22a, will it pass smog/inspection? or do i need a usdm one?
                          jdm f22a is pretty much equivalent to usdm f22a6
                          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

All H/F trannies bolt up to all H/F blocks. Except the S2ks F2xC, which is more of a K than anything.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

o cool thanks, i didnt know that about the trannys

Comment

Working...
                              X