difference between these engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lsd details

So what exactly does the limited slip differential do and how does it work? Is it worth the $300?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
      So what exactly does the limited slip differential do and how does it work? Is it worth the $300?
      ahh yes.

an lsd does wonders. when your sitting at a light, and its turns green. you put it in first and take off. but you have major tire spin, which sucks in the begining. an lsd deletes that.

with an lsd installed, when you take off theres no tire spin, and your both front tires take off like a rocket. its the best tranny part you could get.
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily say you get no tire spin, but it will send power to the wheel with the most traction, instead of to the tire with the least, like the stock open differential.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
          I wouldn't necessarily say you get no tire spin, but it will send power to the wheel with the most traction, instead of to the tire with the least, like the stock open differential.
          isnt traction control almost the same as lsd? if so the acuras with tcs have very little tire spin, because tcs kicks in and stops the spinning.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

No, traction control is an electronic function that drastically cuts power to the wheels when it senses traction loss. The idea is that less power sent to the spinning wheels will allow them to stop and for you to regain control of the vehicle.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
              No, traction control is an electronic function that drastically cuts power to the wheels when it senses traction loss. The idea is that less power sent to the spinning wheels will allow them to stop and for you to regain control of the vehicle.
              Honda's VSA system is an extension of the ABS system, like most traction control systems, which governs individual wheel braking.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
              X