Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Since I have a JDM H22 I picked up a USDM H22 Ractive header, I know, and downpipe for $10. I noticed that no gaskets came with the exhaust for the manifold to downpipe and downpipe to converter. What do I do?

go buy some

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

Give honda a visit.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

hahaha, WHAT DO I DO I DONT HAVE A GASKET!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!

you go out and buy some man, how did you get your license? you went to the DMV and applied for it.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If I have a aftermarket header and the exhausts opening for the downpipe and cat are different than the OE honda units, why would I get those gaskets. The honda openings are just ovals or circles from the bottom of the header to the downpipe. My header is two smaller circles like this 00. OE is like this O. Gasket is not the same size. Am I suppose to go to honda and get the gasket for aftermarket header? DVM what's that.

Comment

The only gasket you will have a problem with is the header to downpipe one. The oem honda one has a ridge inside the downpipe where the OEM gasket sits and is crushed when tightened down. But the stupid aftermaket design's dont have the ridge just a flat piece.

I been looking for gaskets for a while and well nothing comes up. I got ideas from people though. like using the liquid cooper gasket makerk. I dunno how good it works but its worth a try. Also F22parts.com I believe still have a manifold to downpipe gasket for aftermarket headers. Maybe you could try that out also.

Comment

You can use that gasket maker. Exhaust shops got it. Good thing to look at. They might also have a gasket for your applications you never know =O.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
              X