Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission engagement problem

Hey all,
    I just bought an h22 swapped cb7 accord, threw my h23 trans on it with an exedy stage 1 clutch and fidanza flywheel. My problem was that when the car was warm it wouldn't go into any gear at all, like the clutch wasn't engaging at all. Then I pulled the slave cylinder and the previous owner rigged the slave piston so it would push farther out, as if to push the shift fork further and thus engage the clutch. I changed the slave and now it won't bleed because there is no pressure bc it doesn't reach the shift fork... Any suggestions?
    Max

It wont reach? Wow. Maybe he bent the fork thats the only way I see it not reaching. But the Fork is also a stiff piece of metal. You sure you installed it right? Maybe you need to bleed it more. Does the ball not sit in the indentation on the fork?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The ball sits in the fork as it should, and the throwout bearing, from what I can barely see, is installed correctly. I tried bleeding it for quite some time, still no pressure on the pedal..... The piston/rod on the slave just doesn't reach the shift fork it seems....
      Max

Comment

BLeed it more takes time before it pressures up and starts to move.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The fluid was coming out completely liquid, no air whatsoever... It just seems to not reach. Thats why I assume the previous owner put a socket as a spacer to push the rod further out...
          Max

Comment

A socket as a spacer??? WTF sounds like he bent the fork like a mofo if he needed to use a spacer or you got the wrong slave.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thats exactly what I thought, but the slave was right so I think the fork was severley bent...
              Max

Comment

why would someone do that..........noobs

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Honestly I don't know, it would have made it a lot easier for me if he had just replaced the shift fork while the motor was out and charged me for it....
                  Max

Comment

Can someone take a picture of their slave cylinder for me with the clutch not engaged? I'm trying to see if mine is trying to overextend or something...
                    Max

Comment

Also I was thinking that since the clutch isn't getting any pressure, the delay valve is at fault...
                      Max

Comment

How are you bleeding it. IN neutral the lil ball is still sitting decently snug inside the indentation. Ill take a pic of mine tomorrow if I remember.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yes thats how I'm bleeding it, I really think its my clutch delay valve now...
                          Max

Comment

Are you bleeding alone or do you have a buddy. I was asking how you were bleeding it. Bleeding the clutch is like brakes dunno if your using another method aka vacuum and such.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Oh okay I am bleeding it with a friend, same as I would do brakes, except the pedal never pressurizes...
                              Max

Comment

Working...
                              X